Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Advice on car buying…
  • millzy
    Free Member

I haven’t really got a clue about buying cars, and have only ever spent less than £1000 on a car before…

Now however, things have changed and I have a slightly larger budget, so here’s the info.

I’d ideally like a car less than 5 years old, about the same size as a golf/focus/A3, diesel and fuel efficient.

I currently drive around 35,000 miles a year, as I’m basically a rep.

I currently have around 2k in the bank cash to spend but I’m willing to spend up to £250 a month for up to 3 years.

So from experience what is that best /cheapest thing I can do, to end up ideally with the best car?

Have looked at cars on demand which is a company which my boss uses but think its a little expensive, and I’m not at all fussed about having the same car for over 3 years… Unlike the other other guys at work!

Cheers!

Daffy

See what you can get on finance that’s around 14 months old with lowish mileage. run it for a year and get rid of it. The mileage wont be too high and the depreciation should be well within your running costs.

johnellison
    Free Member

Think you may need to lower your sights a bit. You’ll struggle to get a decent Golf/A3 for under £250 a month if you’re leasing.

If you are repping, is your employer not prepared to make a contribution?

hora
    Free Member

My bro in law gets some really nice cars on some sort of finance over 3yrs. At the halfway point he always hands them back and walks away (no car checks etc on condition). I’ll ask him how etc as he always seems to get a good deal/monthly etc.

millzy
    Free Member

brilliant, cheers Hora

and no, unfortunately the Employer pays well enough already so cant give anything more away!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Advice on car buying…’ is closed to new replies.