Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Advice needed (please)
  • GlennG
    Free Member

Got a Curtis T45 frame sitting in the loft at home, had it made about 3 years ago and havent used it for about 18months, wouldnt mind getting it built for winter riding and non faffing and need a bit of advice regarding existing or new forks.

The head angle on the curtis is about 71deg with the seat angle at 73deg, I have a set of Fox F120 forks spare that I was thinking of putting on, my question to you guys is do you think that this will steepen the head angle too much and make the front a little nervous (I know the frame was built around a 130mm fork), used to run the frame with a set of pikes at 140mm but it felt a bit strange at the front and then ran it with a set of 140mm Vanilas which felt better.

Do I ditch the existing fox F120 forks and get a set of adjustable pikes/revs or crack on with the F120's?????

Any advice greatly appreciated, ta.

BigJohn

Do you know what 10mm looks like? Its like this: >|—–|<

You can pump the fork up a bit, get a taller tyre and you've made up the difference.

Anyway, unless you know the comparative axle to crown lengths its all pretty much guesswork.

tinsy
    Free Member

You got the frame, you got the forks… put them together and see.. 10mm is the best part of naff all, fork manufacturers axle to crown lengths vary more than that for a given travel.

tinsy
    Free Member

damn you bigjohn… 🙂

GlennG
    Free Member

cheers for the replies, was looking at the head angle of some of the more modern hardtails (Alpine, 456, etc.) and they seem to be a lot slacker whereas 71deg seems comparitively steep.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed (please)’ is closed to new replies.