Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice needed for newish biker!
  • rkearsey
    Free Member

Ive just come back into MTBing after about a year off, one thing i struggle with is confidence, i live in the scottish borders but i work in Carlisle, and i was wondering if doing a skills course would benefit me and if someone could recommend a company to use?
    Also i was wondering if there were any groups from around the scottish borders or cumbria that go riding together? I know theres a group in Langholm where i live but they seem to be mostly road bikers!
    Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have a look at cyclewise in Whinlatter loads of courses and private tuition. Theres a group out of Keswick every tuesday night and some out of Penrith too.

rkearsey
    Free Member

Thanks mate, do you think some private tuition would be worth it? i kinda struggle with speed over roots/rocks, just need some confidence!

FuzzyWuzzy

Skills courses can certainly help, you’ll learn the correct technique (which you’ll still need to practice) for different terrain/obstacles, rather than just winging it self-taught and surviving (obviously a lot of people develop the correct technique for stuff themselves but it’s all to easy to find a way that works and stick with it even though it’s not the best way and can be the cause of crashes).

fasthaggis

In the Boders

rkearsey
    Free Member

thanks guys, appreciated.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I had a few hours with Craig at cyclewise and it was great completely knackering but great. Sorted me out (been riding nearly 10 years at that point)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed for newish biker!’ is closed to new replies.