Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Advice: eBay buyer wants to do bank transfer
  • alexonabike

A potential winner of an auction for a relatively low value item wants to avoid paypal and pay by bank transfer.

Is this a bad idea, or am I just paranoid?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Same info as found on a cheque- no more risk and much quicker.

ski
    Free Member

Your the seller, you set the payment terms, not the buyer 😉

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

He can't claim it back, so you're probably in a better position than using paypal. I always prefer bank transfer, much better from my point of view, and no fees for either party.

nickjb
    Free Member

Better for you. Not so good for him. If its what he wants then go for it.

alexonabike

Cheers all.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Only issue is that he'll know your account details and if he knows where you live he could go signing you up for online direct-debits, like happened to Jeremy Clarkson, someone signed him up for a donation to a charity IIRC! 😀

cp

There's less info than on a cheque, and less likely to find out your home address as they don't need to send a cheque to you…..

rootes1

did it for a car sale – worked fine

tails
    Free Member

Only issue is that he'll know your account details and if he knows where you live he could go signing you up for online direct-debits, like happened to Jeremy Clarkson, someone signed him up for a donation to a charity IIRC!

god thats a bit of a worry i have been giving people the option of bank transfer or sending me a cheque. I really can't afford to be giving people money right now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Advice: eBay buyer wants to do bank transfer’ is closed to new replies.