Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Adverts crashing stalling the site!!!
  • roach

Anybody else think the adverts on the site are ruining it? This is a chrome running on WIN7 and getting loads of problems with stalling and crashing scripts, driving me mad!

jekkyl

yup yup yup, there’s been many threads about this over the last week or so. Keep complaining and they might do something. Doubt it though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Depends what you are on, runs fine on my phone, android 4.4, but can be sticky on windows 7 with chrome and on xp with chrome(but usually alright). Runs like keek on mk808 with 4.1 installed.

I don’t even bother on a crappy imac running 10.4 with firefox! 😆

jon1973
    Free Member

Anybody else think the adverts on the site are ruining it?

yep. Problem for me on Win7 using Chrome and IE. OK on android devices though.

stumpy01

Messes up the ancient version of IE on my work computer.

And while it works ok on my phone (Android) it does stop the Walkman app running if using it at the same time (Sony Xperia T).

Drac

Some advice here.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/epic-tv-ads-slow-crash-my-browser

Ads aren’t going away they exist as they pay for the site without them there’s no more STW.

tomhoward

Anybody else think the adverts on the site are ruining it?

No, actually. :mrgreen:

unovolo
    Free Member

Really slows down the loading of each page ,terrible using IE11 and Chrome ,Firefox better.

I appreciate Ads help pay for the site but at the detriment of actually using it.

If the site becomes a chore to visit because of the strain of the ads on your PC then people will stop visiting it,hence the ads return less revenue it all becomes a bit self defeating.

anagallis_arvensis

as unovolo said

busydog
    Free Member

Been watching the thread(s) on here about the issue.

I am in the USA and using a PC with W7 & IE11 and have never had any of the problems described (also tried switching browsers to Chrome and Firefox without issues).
    Have never tried it on a phone/mobile device.

Cougar

Please refer to Drac’s link for Epic TV issues and here – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/admin-malicious-advert – for everything else.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Adverts crashing stalling the site!!!’ is closed to new replies.