Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Advertising
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I nicked this from somewhere else.. thanks Cleat!

jam-bo

cool, where can i buy one?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i need some TUCK THAT in my life

scotroutes

* ponders reporting for swear filter evasion *

leffeboy

A friend of mine got paid a small amount of money to watch different adverts for a car while lying down in an MRI scanner to see which had the most effect on her. Rather incredible the lengths they go to really

nealglover
    Free Member

Does the same apply to Banksy’s public work that people don’t get a choice about seeing.

Can I use it all in a range of posters/cards/bags or whatever ?

That’s a genuine question, maybe I can. Or is it copyrighted/protected Anybody know ?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes it really is a fail….without his name on the bottom its a winner

AlexSimon

nealglover – Member

Does the same apply to Banksy’s public work that people don’t get a choice about seeing.

Can I use it all in a range of posters/cards/bags or whatever ?

That’s a genuine question, maybe I can. Or is it copyrighted/protected Anybody know ?
    They exist. Just do a google image search for Banky Mug, Banksy T-Shirt.
    Not aware of Banksy protesting (it probably works in his favour anyway).
    Also not aware of Banksy saying much about protecting his work. It’s councils and art people who put the plastic sheets over it, etc.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve now been forced to see an offensive swear word….;)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

lilchris
    Free Member

I need a pepsi!

nealglover
    Free Member

Oh dear, big own goal Banksy ……..

AlexSimon

Not sure I get you nealglover – he’s saying don’t pass it off as being ‘official’, not don’t do it. i.e. don’t pretend to be me, or as acting on my behalf. Fair enough no?

nealglover
    Free Member

He’s putting restrictions on its use.

“For your own personal use”

Which would be absolutely fine…….

Had he not already said

“**** that… It’s yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do what you like with it…”

When talking about everyone else’s work.

Double standards ??

CountZero

However, making your own art or merchandise and passing it off as ‘official’ or authentic Banksy artwork is bad and very wrong.

This^ is not only wrong, but actually illegal. Banksy’s point is perfectly valid.

nealglover
    Free Member

It would be a valid point, if he hadn’t said the exact opposite in his publicity stunt obviously.

… You can do what you like with it

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

OHHH! I’ve just been Modded for the first time in my life 😐

scotroutes

He has created a grey area.

1/ I copy his design and have it printed on a t-shirt for myself. That’s alright.

2/ I copy his design, print off 100 t-shirts and sell them as “Banksy” T-shirts. This is not alright.

3/ I copy his design, print of 50 T-shirts and sell them to my friends. Hmmm – it’s OK if I sell them as “T-Shirts with a Banksy design on” but not “Banksy T-Shirts” ??

AlexSimon

The way I see it, #2 is ok too as long as you don’t pretend they’re official.
    I don’t know how strict Amazon are about what’s sold, but there’s tons of stuff on there – e.g.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=banksy+bag

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Advertising’ is closed to new replies.