Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Advert fails
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fosters…Get some Australian in you……(Brewed in the EU)…

Almost as annoying as this gem from Sky doing the rounds at the moment;

"Football…we know how you feel about it, because we feel the same way too"

I don't think they feel the same about soccer as I do, that's for sure.

Stoner
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The ones I like are for mascara. And the small print says 'filmed with inserts'

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner, that is some of the finest satire around! So very, very well observed!

IdleJon

"Football…we know how you feel about it, because we feel the same way too"

How have they managed to summarize my complete despisal (is that a word, it doesn't look right?) of the moronic beer bellied lardies that walk past my house, Carling or Stella clutched in hand, on the way to another 'exciting' 0-0 result. Not that any of them care about the result because they only go to chant nursery rhymes and point at the other side of the pitch anyway, possible throw coins at and abuse the ref, and then get a bit more lagered while avoiding the rioting police.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Does that mean when I'm waiting on cold dark night with an assortment of drunks in the Golden Dragon for my takeaway to be cooked, I don't really get Chinese food ?

Bashtards 🙁

AndyP
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

I don't really get Chinese food ?

Depends if they dropped any bits of hair in it!

BlingBling
    Free Member

Ahhhh team sports, can't beat 'em.

matthewjb
    Free Member

then get a bit more lagered while avoiding the rioting police.

Surely the Police shouldn't be allowed to do that?

zarquon
    Free Member

you should hear the ads for phamaceuticals in the States, after the sales blurb stating that substance X is the panacea for everything with shots of smiling big-toothed people you get this:

People who have taken Substance X have also suffered from the following: dizziness, vomiting, nausea. flu-like symptoms, an increase risk of trachycardia, colorectal bleeding, a vague sense of wondering what it is all about, the inability to say the word Tuesday, some users have woken up in the penguin enclosure at their local zoo smelling of fish and having only a dim recollection of the night before, flatulence, the overwhelming desire to knob Dr Alice Roberts.

Do not take substance X if you are pregnant, overweight, ginger, Welsh, if you are on the sex offenders register for abuse to penguins etc etc

richc
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Does that mean when I'm waiting on cold dark night with an assortment of drunks in the Golden Dragon for my takeaway to be cooked, I don't really get Chinese food ?

No, you are getting Western food cooked by Chinese people to fit our palate.
    Have you ever had proper Chinese food? it doesn't taste anything like what we get over here.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Love that David Mitchell clip. I don't see enough telly. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Have you ever had proper Chinese food?

Well I've been to the Tai Tung Restaurant in the Wing Yip Chinese business centre in Croydon where about 90-95% of the clientele are Chinese with my Chinese traditional doctor/teacher friend, and I agree that it's not quite the same as the Golden Dragon Takeaway. Although I doubt whether all the food is cooked in China – I mean how would they keep it warm for a start ? 😕

I don't know, but I suspect, the real problem Flashheart has with Fosters is that he doesn't like it. I also suspect that if for example, his favourite brewers were to set up a brewery in the United States to provide for a growing market, he would more than happy if they described their product as 'English ale'.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I don't know, but I suspect,the real problem Flashheart has with Fosters is that he doesn't like it.

He is known as a man of such refined tastes that this seems a reasonable suspicion. 😉

D0NK

Cracking clip stoner

Heard a BMW ad on the radio last night (some manchester station) for a 1 series something or other, the fine print "conditions apply" they have to include now was longer than the bloody ad – fail!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dummy – Member
    I don't know, but I suspect,the real problem Flashheart has with Fosters is that he doesn't like it.

He is known as a man of such refined tastes that this seems a reasonable suspicion.

😆

I only drink beer brewed in the location where the brand claims to be from, if that makes any sense. So, in Amsterdam, I will happy quaff Heineken, but I'll never touch it over here!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Double post fail.

trailmonkey

The thing i love most about football is it's ability to show the aristocracy that they're not the only people on earth who can accumulate vast sums of money for doing next to **** all.

Probably why flash hates it so much. Up the workers cap'n.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I only drink beer brewed in the location where the brand claims to be from, if that makes any sense. So, in Amsterdam, I will happy quaff Heineken, but I'll never touch it over here!

It makes perfect sense to me.

So I take it Captain, that if you say to yourself, "I fancy a bit of French cuisine tonight", you take a cab to Victoria Station where you can catch the Eurostar. I mean you wouldn't want to eat a salade nicoise in London, would you now ?

Good for you mate ……….I do admire a purist who insists on maintaining the highest standards 😎

UncleFred
    Free Member

[pedant]doesn't Eurostar go from St Pancras [/pedant]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ Ernie! If only I could get the Eurostar from Victoria, would make trips to Paris and Brussels a while lot easier! 😉

Only really works for beer, though, I agree.

crazy-legs

Great Mitchell & Webb clip! 🙂

I hate football too…

vinnyeh

Why limit yourself to beer? Why not include, say, cigars, caviar, wine and hams?

Although I can see the case for retsina and wine from the Jura.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cigars are only ever Cuban
    Ham is available from all manner of lovely places!
    As is wine
    Caviar is over rated.

😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If only I could get the Eurostar from Victoria

Yes of course ……… what was I thinking of ? ! !

Mind you, it's been a while since I've fancied a bit of salade nicoise. So you'll have to forgive for forgetting that the sleeper train no longer leaves from Victoria.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Advert fails’ is closed to new replies.