Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • ADvantage 2.25 Or Ardent 2.35 for rear tyre ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

Which is better for 1, Trail centre riding.. 2, Rocky Peak Riding.
    Or are they much of a muchness ?

ta

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I'd go advantage if it was me.

simonm
    Free Member

Ardents and odd tyre… I don't quite get it. Someone said it replaces the High roller… but appears no where near as chunky.

BadlyWiredDog

I used an Ardent on the back over summer with a Minion DHF on the front, worked well in the Peak in dry to medium damp conditions and was reasonably fast rolling, but I don't know how it compares to an Advantage.

Oh, and the Ardent is size properly, it comes up bigger than other Maxxix tyres I've used, notably Minion DHF and High Roller.

Baldysquirt

I've been using an ardent 2.25 as my rear tyre for a few months now. It's amazingly grippy for how shallow the knobs are, but it's still reasonably fast rolling. Is out of it's depth in the mud at the moment, but it's not so bad that I've got round to changing it yet.

The only issue that I've had has been the sidewalls. They're the only tyre I've had to go through in a number of places so soon, and there's now quite a big hole. This may be just unlucky, and I do run it quite soft, but worth bearing in mind.

I've heard good stuff about advantages but have no real experience.

simonm
    Free Member

thanks John / Paul, I'm running Advantage at moment, I wonder where Maxxis see the Ardent fitting in against them.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Personally I think the advantage in 2.1 is big enoungh if your riding up hill too. Not tried ardents yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ADvantage 2.25 Or Ardent 2.35 for rear tyre ?’ is closed to new replies.