Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ADSL (PlusNet) to Fibre (BT) – do I need a MAC?
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Do I need a MAC if I’m switching from ADSL with one provider (PlusNet) to Fibre with another (most likely BT)?

ta,

Slogo
    Free Member

BT wanted my MAC address. i just called THUS PLC (demon/vodaphone) asked them to email it to me. I then Fwd it to BT and they did the rest.

winston
    Free Member

Yes

ourmaninthenorth

Until June yes. After then no-one will need a MAC.

Drac

No a Windows PC will be just fine.

legend
    Free Member

You know that Plusnet to BT is just BT (with a different name) to BT (with worse customer service)?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

You know that Plusnet to BT is just BT (with a different name) to BT (with worse customer service)?

Yeah, but also with different deals.

sharkbait
    Free Member

YES.

bren2709

Tell plus net your leaving and surely they will sort a great deal?
    They did for me!

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m at a loss as to how a BT deal is better than a Plusnet deal, is there cashback involved somewhere? They bumped me onto a better deal (unlimited plus better traffic prioritisation) just so there was one less person using the ancient Option 2 or whatever I was on. From previous checks BT have always been considerably worse for traffic shaping to say nothing of price.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

No.
    I just made that exact switch, I didn’t even need to tell Plusnet, it all just happened.

I’m at a loss as to how a BT deal is better than a Plusnet deal, is there cashback involved somewhere?

£100 cash back and £100 Sainsburys voucher did it for me….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ADSL (PlusNet) to Fibre (BT) – do I need a MAC?’ is closed to new replies.