Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Ads that are currently annoying the crap out of me. Nos. 1 to 3.
  • Stoner
    Free Member

1) The aspirational beacons that are the Redknapps and their interminable glottal stops. I' would'n' ma'er so much if "I'" wasn'' the 'ole of the fu''ing adver'.
    2) Dear Halifax: Bring back Howard or I start bombing your ATMs.
    3) Gloria: Squiggly purple bits animated around squiggly green bits does not impart much information about how plant sterols actually "work". I'm now 4.9! You are just annoying.

uplink
    Free Member

That McDonald's one where the voice-over claims that the £ is also known as a bob

??? WTF?

a 'bob' was, is a shilling,12d or [if you must] 5p

Kids in charge of ad companies eh?

DezB
    Free Member

You watch too much TV: I've never seen 1 & 3. And f%^&ing Howard was the most irritating thing on TV ever.

skidartist
    Free Member

so you've bought a TV then Stoner?
    🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner, you need to get out a little more!

carbon337
    Free Member

1/we buy any **** car.com
    2/all of them with the new craze of putting firework noises in them.
    3/Anything from Natwest where they go to your house to help you bank better – you mean sales staff selling bad investments and loans to pay off loans.

Rant over.

Stoner
    Free Member

so you've bought a TV then Stoner?

Jr was taking over my computer for Thomas the Tank Engine and Bob the Builder DVDs so it seemed my stoic rejection of modern TV was doomed to fail.

I do now get to watch old Poirots, Sherlock Holmes and CSI NYs though so not all bad. The adverts on Five USA and ITV3 are an eye-gouging price to pay though 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

4) That ugly bint off Eastenders selling yoghurt. TLC = "talentless lost cause"

carbon337
    Free Member

actually not rant over

4/ the hallmark one which is a blatant iphone/apple rip off
    5/ Car spotter text adverts

That feels better.

jimmy

gocompare surely. FFS, blatant annoying response to the less annoying and catchier 'Seemples'.

actually, haven't seen a decent, clever, witty advert in aaaaaaaaages.

EDIT: MOON****ingPIG!

DezB
    Free Member

/Anything from Natwest where they go to your house to help you bank better

"That would look like savings bonds. It would look like…"

Christ! What a pillock. Has anyone actually started banking with NatWest because of those ads??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'm sure I overheard one the other day waffling about skin having "rights". WTF is that all about?

Oh, and I don't care what people say, the Meerkat rocks.

Stoner
    Free Member

I giggle the other night at the "cushion yourself" advert by ING with the well-off gent and the gold-digging mutton 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

CFH – that one is getting my blood pressure up too. Apparently 87% of women thought the showergel made their skin feel healthier.

This perhaps says something disappointing about the general IQ of the fairer sex, but Ill be generous and just think its says something about the advertiser.

mike_check
    Free Member

I think I'm gonna need….MORE TIES!

why? you gotta go loads more interviews you grey heaired ****?!

grievoustim
    Free Member

get sky+ or similar

record all the shows you want to watch
    begin viewing at least 15 mins after actual start time

never watch an ad again thanks to the ability fo FF through them all

me1onhead
    Free Member

One of my all-time faves:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVSBtivbUs4

😆

mike_check
    Free Member

also, sky sports car garage one, 'they don't know about cars, but they know about football'

no, they know how to make reactionary and often hypocritical and biased clichés.

MrNutt
    Free Member

+1 what jimmy saids

Stoner
    Free Member

cant be arsed with Sky+.

Long live the BBC iPlayer though – no adverts AND no Come Spunking on Ice.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The 'we buy your gold for cash' ones – financial planning for the terminally stupid

DFS adverts – all of them, all bloody year to match the sales they have all bloody year

Adverts for bed companies where they'd have you believe you are in someones bedroom and they are laid down on their bare matress – really? who the f£$% lives like that?

Air freshner adverts – all of them, particularly those stupid plugin things

Morrisons adverts – they just grate

Any advert with Michael Winner in it

Captain Birdseye ones – something slightly peado about them

Perfume / aftershave adverts as these are all just b*****ks

retro83
    Free Member

you lot are lucky! mrs 83 flicks over to america's next top waste of space every ad break

hels
    Free Member

What you need is a digital recorder, BT Vision do a neat one for £30.

Programme all the shows you like, watch them whenever, zap the ads. That Series Record button changed my life.

And the one I hate the most ever is Sheilas Wheels. Being an Aussie Strumpet is not something to sing about.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Anyone else seeing this thread come up with no name and no link in the forum?

Edit: Odd. Appears ok in IE8 but not chrome.

theotherjonv

While I hate it, the 'webuyanycar' bit of the advert doesn't annoy me that much.

It's the 'dotcom' afterthought that **** me over.

donald
    Free Member

We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com. We buy any car dot com.

AARGH – GET OUT OF MY HEAD NOW

GrahamS

cant be arsed with Sky+.

Just get a freeview+ box. No extortionate subscription fees to pay that way.
    Humax do decent ones.

uplink
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

cant be arsed with Sky+.

Just get a freeview+ box. No extortionate subscription fees to pay that way.
    Humax do decent ones.

& you'll also get iPlayer on your TV

Stoner
    Free Member

sounds promising. WIll investigate.

GrahamS

& you'll also get iPlayer on your TV

Is it only certain ones that do this? Mine doesn't, but it's quite an old Humax jobby.

toby1

Mute ads and do pressups while they are on – used to work for me – till I got lazy and now I just mute all ads.

uplink
    Free Member

Is it only certain ones that do this?

sorry, I meant Freesat
    Freeview won't be getting it anytime soon

jimster
    Free Member

In no particular order –

Yellow Pages with that annoying tune.

Moonpig

Halifax – stop spending money on poxy ad's and pay me back you b4st*rds!!

Go Compare

And any for gold – simple put it in the envelope it'll be insured for up to £500, yeah right!! And how the hell are you going to get a refund if you fund a better price within 28 days? They'd have smelted it down as soon as it hits the floor.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I foolishly agreed to appear in a TV advert for a holiday company. It's currently being shown 6 times a day on ITV. Every time it's screened, I get a text/email/phonecall asking if it's me or taking the p*ss. Or a text from my Mum saying "Hi luv, it's your mum. I've just cn u on telly."

Don't know what's worse, the fact that she feels the need to introduce herself in text messages, or the fact that a 65 year old is learning text speak!

So, at the moment, that one particular advert is annoying the hell out of me.

xc-steve
    Free Member

I hate the advert with iggy pop and that **** ugly puppet scares the crap out of me and makes me want to never EVER buy insurance from them!

I also despise the standard formula adverts of a catchy song, "We buy any car", "Go compare etc".

I do quite like the Tesco Mobile advert mind!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mike_check – Member

I think I'm gonna need….MORE TIES!

why? you gotta go loads more interviews you grey heaired ****?!

snigger.

Nice use of the word Strumpet Hels,, A word we don't hear often enough

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Go on then Shibboleth, what's the advert?

meeeee
    Free Member

annoying as they are, the we buy any car, and go compare ads do stick in your head. If i was selling a car for cash, or looking for insurance right now they'd be the first sites i would try despite me hating the ads, so i guess from an advertisers point of view they have worked.

Pook

what's the ad shibboleth?

who are ya?
    who are ya?
    who are ya?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

"Go on then Shibboleth, what's the advert?"

You'd only see it if you're in the Granada region, let's just say it's for a coastal holiday destination.

I'm seen running along a beach, in great pain because I'd dislocated my shoulder and separated my AC joint the night before in Gisburn Forest!

The director wanted me to spin a little girl round by her arms! No chance of that, so my on-screen wife had to do that bit. Good fun though, and great to see how much work goes into such a short piece.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Ads that are currently annoying the crap out of me. Nos. 1 to 3.’ is closed to new replies.