Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Ads that annoy you!
  • Notter
    Free Member

Inspired by this from the Arabica Coffee thread:

twixhunter – Member

I will gladly reighn blows down upon whoever wrote or starred in that radio advert where the lead protagonist says something along the lines of “Actually it’s A-rab-i-ca.’

Reign heavy heavy blows I say.

I absolutely cannot stand and want to beat, with his own guitar, the guy who does the “Hive” adverts, all smug with his “amusing” lyrics, occasionally lapsing into muffled chuckles at how funny he is…… If mind bullets actually worked mine would all be aimed at him…grrr…..

What’s yours?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Shake and Vac.

Oh, it’s not the 1980s – still bugs me to this day though 😀

nickc

all of them, to be fair.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I hit mute through the advert breaks, none of them are selling anything I need or remotely want. The one that really irks me is the BT Infinity one where the woman swallows a fly and then coughs it up. The sight and sound makes me want to retch.

binners

Adverts? How very 1990’s.

I thought the advent of digital TV meant that adverts are now a thing of the past. Haven’t watched one in years

Stevet1
    Free Member

SscHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHPOCK.

Dunno why, but the sound of the word seems to set my teeth on edge.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I rarely watch ad’s and on the occasion that I might watch live tv I will get ordered out the living room to make tea as the Ad rants build up.

I hate the number of lifestyle ads for junk food, banks and shopping, also

Car ads that tell you nothing about that car
    Cleaning products which suggest that all parents will burn in the big fire if their house is not scrupulously clean and smelling of artificial flowers 24hrs a day
    BT/Sky Sport ad’s as if you will lie on your deathbed forever regretting that you didn’t see some over paid ned, too young to have experienced real life celebrate some shot or other that sent a bunch of duped mugs into rapture in 1999.
    even the BBC are not immune esp 6music right now when the spend weeks blowing smoke up the ass of some musician/singer or other as if their output has been epoch making. FFS it’s only Grace Jones if you weren’t in the zone 1975/1983 you would have no idea who she is.

I need some Chamomile tea.

Notter
    Free Member

@ Binners – do you avoid radio ads too? That Hive one first got my goat when they started on the wireless!

The fact the guitar-wielding-hipster-think-he’s-funny-knobhat has now progressed to the tellybox has deepened my despair admittedly, but still…..

binners

@ Binners – do you avoid radio ads too?

Listen to commercial radio? I’m a graphic designer. The law clearly stipulates that I have to listen to 6 Music all day. I don’t have any choice in the matter. Its an arrestable offense not too

slowoldman

I hit mute through the advert breaks

Yes, have done since remote control was invented.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I hate all ads which don’t end immediately the instant that I press the “play” button to slow from “x30”

D0NK

90% of car ads are shite, VW have done some entertaining ones and some of the honda are good, rest are a load of lifestyle bollocks.

Been a few “deep and meaningful” ones which have a big build up and then you find out its for some useless twaddle.

beej

The Hive ones make me want do terrible things. I’m tempted to buy a Nest, even though I don’t really want one, as a kind of protest vote.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The sodding Masertwati advert on this forum that pops up every two minutes on the iPad whilst using Safari.

toppers3933
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62xLWZgx4Ko[/video]

This drives me kerazey!!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEs0A7bxhs[/video]

As do this pair of ****.

martinhutch

yes, even ugly people can get laid abroad!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xbODE6VLc[/video]

Thankfully now banned for dubious naked tombstoning content. Thanks ASA!

andyrm
    Free Member

Similar to the Hive guy, those f*cking hipsters on the “morning win” breakfast bar ads. They need to be killed, with their stupid haircut and throwback Open University style outfits, coupled with their annoying comedy songs.

cheers_drive

Nearly all ads annoy me, normally I avoid them but we have a newborn in the house so I feel duty bound to be with my wife while she’s a milk machine. Many channels only have ads for gambling and low credit rating loans, it’s sickening.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceptbyg1Rnw[/video]

This one annoyed Mrs 10, mainly because I kept singing it at her.

parkesie
    Free Member

The Deezer add. Im sure its a great thing but ill not be using it purely because of the advert. On the other side the train line makes me chuckle every time.

wilburt
    Free Member

Noisy adds indicate someones making a lot of money.
    Insurance/Money
    Cars
    Industrial Food
    Broadband

Worst offender at the mo is that Lloyds Bank one trying to do J Lewis with horses and war and whatever. The marketing dept was having a bad day when that came out top.

mikey3
    Free Member

I don’t watch ads i’m to busy going forth and ruling the roads.

donald
    Free Member

That’s TravelLogical….

Grr

vintagewino
    Free Member

Sketchers, wide fit shooos. Rock out, in comfort.

martinhutch

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Lt3tDUJZ4[/video]

Because nothing advertises your bank better than offering a service which has sod-all to do with banking.

monkfish
    Free Member

Go compare. If I hear that bellowed out of the tv I’m changing channels quicker than radio stations if Keaveney is on.

fin25
    Free Member

I could tolerate adverts when they were all trying to out-funny each other, but now they’ve gone all deep and meaningful…AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Life is a beautiful tapestry…NOW BUY SOME CHEESE!!!

1981miked
    Free Member

I agree with the Travel Lodge suggestion..
    Pointless puppets, pointless song that doesn’t even flow.. “You’d need rocks in your head”.. I’ll bloody throw rocks at your head.

Any pay day load advert.. “Loans for the real world”.. Apparently!

Those stupid Muller ones with Lewis Hamiltons ex… I wish the columns she is next to fall and crush her every time and i always say “as if all that would get coverd when you tip yoghurt on yourself is the tip of your effin nose”…

The Kinder Egg one with that stupid little ginger gonk that looks like Chris Evans.. His voice makes me want to cut me ears off!

The one on radio for MCE insurance with whiney woman on about date night!

Go compare man can go compare which side of his face is damaged most when I finish thumping it.

Saying that I rarely watch TV as I’m away all week but these are just a few.

And relax!

neilthewheel

A man is able to admit his homosexuality to his peers, thanks to…Irish beer!

enfht
    Free Member

The Scottish girl’s voice in those Lloyds Bank adverts

muzzle
    Free Member

Disneyland Paris ‘we all wish the magic of Christmas could start earlier…’

Yep, early October is just not soon enough for me.

jimmy

What, you don’t have an immaculate glamour model at your Alaskan retreat who needs your 4WD assistance e to get the husky pack across the river?

FFS, Range Rover / Audi etc.

andytherocketeer

all of them

but that toad or frog with a dick advertising ringtones must be worthy of award for most annoying

isitafox
    Free Member

The bloody KFC ricebox one that pops up on every single programme you watch on All4.

Must admit to enjoying the Tango 5 stages of tang ad and the Doritos one with the geek sumo wrestling and whatnot though!

teesoo

Can anyone remember the head and shoulders advert from many years ago that went something like ‘everyone knows a guy like micky’? Followed by several shots of some annoying git with a variety of hairstyles for different occasions. That one used to drive me nuts.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just back from the US and the 2 were for the NRA and the ones where you are told to ask your GP to give you this new brand of pills for something – advertising prescription meds? FFS!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not annoying but on the subject of adverts, odd thing on the radio at the moment (yeah commercial, but we’re talking LBC here), it seems China is doing radio adverts in the UK at the moment as some kind of propaganda. Keeps coming on with a long thing about how great China is, some QI facts about the place and promotes travel and doing business with the place. I assume this is produced by the Chinese gov.

aracer
    Free Member

Bloke sitting on a hippo wearing a top hat. No idea what it’s for, and don’t want to know.

If we’re allowed to include old ones, then Howard.

vickypea
    Free Member

I hate the Dettol ads for antibacterial detergent for washing clothes. It really gets my back up at the whole notion that product is necessary to “protect your family”.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Ads that annoy you!’ is closed to new replies.