Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • "adjustable velocity sensitive shimmed rebound control", explanation required.
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

“adjustable velocity sensitive shimmed rebound control”

This is from the fox website chatting about the DHX air.

I’m a little confused by it, does anyone have a correct answer?

Damping force = c * v, where c is the damping coefficient and v is velocity, so in that sense, all damping is dictated by velocity.

Is the fox blurb just reiterating this, or are there goings on in their rebound circuit that mechanically adjusts for high and low speeds?

cheeseburger
    Free Member

are they talking about the fact that the shims bend and adjust the damping depending on how much pressure there is?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would take it as being a shim stack – the faster the oil moves the more of the port is uncovered / wider the gap for the oil to flow

LoCo
    Free Member

😆 Jargontastic I’m going to use that as often as possible from now on 😕 , yes it’s a shim stack or two with an adjustable bypass port.
    The RP23 would be a better option, probably 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its marketing flim-flam to make stuff that you already know about sound really good, funky and new.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Cant you have “adjustable location sensitive shimmed rebound control”?

Or is that only for compression?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought the DHX was a needle valve with a bypass?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

A needle valve is just a way of producing an adjustable aperture orifice damper isn’t is?

I’d have thought the DHX would have had something a little more sophisticated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘"adjustable velocity sensitive shimmed rebound control", explanation required.’ is closed to new replies.