Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Add Yodel to the list…
  • Cougar

… of lazy arsed delivery drivers who think that “delivered” and “abandoned on the doorstep in full view of the street when it looks like it’s about to chuck it down” are the same thing.

Tossers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My guess is this may be a local problem, rather than a nationwide one, they are great for me.

flatfish
    Free Member

Mine comes to my house to ask where the other houses are in our village.

Solo
    Free Member

I know where you’re coming from.

The UK home delivery network, all the couriers, seem to have a monopoly on employing idiots who can’t be assed.

Cougar

Oh, I’m sure it’s not all Yodel drivers, nor a problem exclusively relating to Yodel.

Still doesn’t change the fact that I’ve now got a damp parcel that probably wouldn’t have been there had I not coincidentally gone home for lunch.

Not impressed.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Hard to please everyone. I was happy the Yodel driver left my package hidden behind my sattelite dish rather than taking it back to the depot.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I get stuff delivered to where I work, as that’s where I usually am when it gets delivered.

(I appreciate this wouldn’t work for something like a sofa)

mrchrist

Yep. Took me a week to get a parcel off them. Their office told me to call the delivery driver direct. He didn’t answer his phone. Had to call the store I purchsed it off and talk very firmly with them so they would sort it out.

Painful!

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Yodel and Home Delivery Network are one and the same. The quality of the service is highly dependant on the local driver as the driving appears to be a freelance-franchise. I ended up going to a standard 2 up 2 down terrace house to collect a parcel once – the ‘yodel delivery driver’ was just a bloke making some extra cash, he didn’t even have a van.

Check out @not_yodel on twitter for info about how bad they can be.

wwaswas

what seems odd is that they have to collect a signature.

surely the best thing to do under such circumstances is to play ‘dumb’ and ask Yodel to prove that it was delivered into your hands?

ourmaninthenorth

Don’t all these delivery businesses operate an “owner-driver” model, where the drivers are effectively self employed?

My father did this work for Lynx for a while when he was out of IT work. He was paid according to what he delivered – so anything not delivered (or any time slots – e.g. before 1pm – missed) causes the driver a penalty. They always have much more to do than there is reasonable time in the day.

Some drivers care more about this than others, hence the discrepancy in treatment of the recipient (remembering that the recipients aren’t their customers).

Not a job I’d like to do, though the old man told me he was as fit and tin in his mid 50s as he was in his late 20s.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

well said…. i’ve used toolstation for a few years and they have been brilliant. in the last few months they’ve started using yodel, who in my area then outsource to even dummer part-time drivers in their own cars, and so now 3 out of my last 4 deliveries have taken days not the nest day toolstation promise. so that was yesterday wasted waiting in for supplies. and today wasted not being able to do the work i needed the stuff for. and tomorrow when i should have been doing other work i’m doing the stuff from today.

toolstation, incidently, don’t care and blame yodel. a real ‘its not our fault’ attitude.

ourmaninthenorth

toolstation, incidently, don’t care and blame yodel. a real ‘its not our fault’ attitude.

Your contract is with toolstation. They have a contract with yodel. you have no “relationship” with yodel.

So, cause hell with toolstation if they fail to deliver when they say they will.

Cougar

It’s not their fault. It is their responsibility.

Cougar

what seems odd is that they have to collect a signature.

surely the best thing to do under such circumstances is to play ‘dumb’ and ask Yodel to prove that it was delivered into your hands?

Believe me, the thought’s crossed my mind. It’s the first time Yodel have done it to me, but the Post Office / Parcelforce have done it before now as well, including once that was my girlfriend’s birthday present of a Netbook.

I’ve fired off a complaint to Yodel anyway, for what good it’ll do me.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Your contract is with toolstation. They have a contract with yodel. you have no “relationship” with yodel.

So, cause hell with toolstation if they fail to deliver when they say they will.

I agree. If I have paid for next day delivery and it doesn’t happen I complain to the supplier and get a refund on the extra I paid. They can then worry about their profits and maybe consider which courier they use in future.

redthunder
    Free Member

and they drive like LOONIES.

postierich
    Free Member

They are pretty shambolic around Kendal I come across loads of parcels left on doorsteps and even had one go missing from Howies after I bought some gear in there sale supposed to sign on delivery but it was just left on doorstep and it went went missing! Howies were great and sent replacements by Royal Mail.They are usually in unmarked vans and tearing around like idiots.

Royal Mail have a no door stepping policy and its the sack if you do but I know posties still do it 🙄

project
    Free Member

Gavtheoldskater, toolstation have walk in warehouses around the country, they also are part owned by Wickes, so just ask Wickes to price match their prices works for me, oh and theyre a lot cheaper than screwwfix.

As for Yodel they use a man or woman witha car, probably not insured for hire and reward, they used to deliver my bookclub stuff about a wek late, and at 6.00pm at night, sometimes whe i wasnt there, the drivers excuse was he was working during the day.

highclimber
    Free Member

something like this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk&feature=related[/video]

Sandwich

Shouldn’t that be “goods in trust” Project? Difficult to get insurance for this, as we found out at work.

marsdenman
    Free Member

and they drive like LOONIES.

OT, I know – not condoning this, not at all but when you know the targets they have for drops + collections you begin to see why they appear / are (delete your preference) quite so reckless… Hubby of a very good friend drives for one of the biggies. I forget the figures he gave us once but it really was quite staggering how much they were expected to do ‘per hour’. He get’s made redundant soon. The work apparently being farmed out to those who use ‘owner drivers’ as costs are lower…

mefty
    Free Member

I get stuff delivered to where I work, as that’s where I usually am when it gets delivered.

(I appreciate this wouldn’t work for something like a sofa)

Quite right, sofas don’t generally go to work, well mine don’t, so they should get their deliveries delivered to home. I will let my sofas know.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I was expecting a package- Yodel tried to deliver it today when I was out, and left a card.

Fair enough. When I called tonight though to arrange to pick it up from the depot (its very near) the lad tells me they have to try to deliver it 3 times before you can pick it up!

Anyone have any idea why? The lad didn’t.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

My guess is this may be a local problem, rather than a nationwide one, they are great for me.

+1

Crell
    Free Member

The worst delivery company I’ve had the misfortune to deal with.

Their systems are terrible and they left a piece of furniture on our drive 1) when no one was in 2] on a day I told them they couldn’t deliver (on 4 seperate calls) 3) in the rain.

Complained to made.com who I sincerely hope stop using them.

ononeorange

Have the opposite problem – just cannot get the PO / Parcelfarce or couriers to leave it on the porch depite having parcels marked up with an instruction. It then goes back to depot before I can trudge off the the depot which is open briefly at weekends. Almost had to give up with ordering via the internet for this reason. I think we should swap drivers!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They did sponsor the Tour of Britain last year though. And they are doing so again in 2012.

http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_sponsors/

Cougar

Maybe they’re grooming new Paperboy-style delivery personnel.

bruneep

Guy at work was bitching about them today, according to online tracking there was failed deliver today as they were unable to locate his house. When he got home there was a sorry you were out card through door.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The UK home delivery network, all the couriers, seem to have a monopoly on employing idiots who can’t be assed.

Peanuts and monkeys.? UPS pay their drivers good money and customer service wise they are in a different league. IMO that is.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

UPS hire monkeys too. Say one of their drivers posting on facebook today on their iphone while they were driving along. I was in a coach driving alongside it.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Add Yodel to the list…’ is closed to new replies.