Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Actually waterproof coats
  • chvck
    Free Member

I’m looking at coats for the winter, I already have a lightweight affair for keeping off the wind and light showers but want something to keep me dry for the downpours.

Do any coats that are actually waterproof keep you dry or do you sweat so much that you get soaked anyway? In which case as you as well buying a cheap boil in the bag job as an expensive one? I don’t sweat much so boil in the bag will probably be ok for me but if I can void it then I will.

chiefgrooveguru

If you regularly clean them and reproof every year or two, Paramo are pretty much unbeatable if they’re not too warm for you. Sadly most of their range is rather middle-aged rambler in cut but there are a few gems. I have a ten year old Velez which has been brilliant and still looks remarkably new despite a lot of use.

ecksee
    Free Member

I’ve got a Craghoppers GoreTex coat that has been great, I get hot very quickly and have been through quite a few waterproofs before finding this one. Have used it in some pretty horrendous downpours and it’s not let any water through. Also has a detacheable fleece liner for those really cold days.

Otherwise you could look at a decent wax jacket, as long as they are looked after they should stay waterproof and keep you warm.

chvck
    Free Member

cheers for the advice 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Actually waterproof coats’ is closed to new replies.