Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • activesport/markanthony bikes
  • dbcooper
    Free Member

I have just ordered from activesport.co.uk (mark anthony bikes), and when I got the confirmation email they stated that it may be 14 days for delivery. Does nayone on ehre have any experience with them? Is there service actually this slow, or is the smallprint menat as an arse covering exercise?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

they are shit at best

dbcooper
    Free Member

oh dear.

firestarter
    Free Member

Id cancel and go elsewhere

rOcKeTdOg

14 days would be good service from them, I wouldn’t bank in it being that quick

wwaswas

what RD says, they’re setting a minimum and ensuring most people don’t contact them for a fortnight to chase. They have 28 days in law.

meeeee
    Free Member

cant believe that shower of s***e outfit is still selling stuff online. I’ll never buy anything from there again 👿

convert

In terms of notoriety they run Dave Hinde very close. Used them/him once years ago when he was starting out (not sure if it was before or after he went bust). 3 months to get hold of a pair of mavic wheels with some epic excuses along the way. Ultimately I suspect at the time he was such small fry he was at the bottom of the list in terms of waiting for stock from the distributor which would have been fine if he hadn’t claimed to have them in stock when he took my cash and didn’t over promise at every turn in an attempt to hold onto my money whilst he waited.

Northwind

It’s because they claim to have stuff in stock which they don’t. The fun starts when they can’t get it quickly from the distributor. I particularily enjoy the random excuse generator- ordered a set of bars from them, 3 weeks later no bars, eventually after many chases they said “It’s because you didn’t specify the colour of the bar”. Only comes in black, ebay item said it was a black bar, with a picture of the bar. Purely coincidence that it was out of stock everywhere 😉

Second time, 2 weeks after ordering a stem, emailed to complain. “It’s because of, er, snow”. And yes it was snowing at the time, it hadn’t been for the 2 weeks before though. Same thing.

Oh, if you leave negative feedback on ebay he tries to bribe you into removing it!

tazzymtb

I love them and think thier service is fantastic…. (maybe this will make the magically ordered in stock item that then suddenly they couldn’t get…again! Appear by the power of pixies)

on a serious note I wouldn’t give that shower of fecal matter the smeg from the most cheesy of bell ends…let alone part with cash for anything from the lying useless tossweasels

wwaswas

wasn’t his ebay shop closed due to poor service?

dbcooper
    Free Member

oh dear oh dear oh dear.
    Why am I so impetuous. I wish I had paid £4 more an ordered from chain reaction cycles.

andytherocketeer

my last 2 CRC orders took 15 (working) days if that’s any comfort.

Twin
    Free Member

I ordered a chainring from them and it came the next day. You might get lucky.

bigblackshed

Taz.

Don’t try to be diplomatic, tell us what you really think. 😉

I ordered some forks from his eBay shop years ago. There isn’t enough words on the internet to describe how the simple act of posting some forks could go so horribly wrong. Avoid.

nemesis
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    14 days would be good service from them, I wouldn’t bank in it being that quick

+ lots

jim575

Ordered a set of Middleburn cranks from them in February, took four days to arrive.
    Still waiting for them to send me a good set after the first three they sent me were faulty but thats more down to Middleburn.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘activesport/markanthony bikes’ is closed to new replies.