Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Act of God
  • kjcc25
    Free Member

Last February my daughter parked her car in her parking space outside her apartment. During the night there were high winds and the chimney stack on the house next door came down on my daughter’s car causing £1200 of damage. It was the only chimney in the area to come down. Her insurance company paid for the repairs except for the £500 excess. She has legal assistance with her car insurance and so the insurance company said they would try to claim the excess back from the house owner’s insurance. Meanwhile my daughter also has to pay an extra £200 on her insurance premium because she has made a claim. Today my daughter was told she will not be able to claim her excess back because the house owner’s insurance have evidence from the Met Office that there was a storm in the area and have declared it an Act of God. Everybody a winner except my daughter. Insurance companies get their money back through higher premiums, the house owner gets a new chimney stack paid for by his insurance.
    Well done God!!!

SaxonRider

What kind of car is it? Have you considered that if it was a Vauxhall, God may have had good reason to act in such a manner?

Jamie
    Free Member

He does move in mysterious ways.

rene59
    Free Member

kayak23

It wasn’t God, it was Dar-win-d…

kjcc25
    Free Member

It’s a VW, I would have thought its the make God would be seen driving, nothing too flash.

scaredypants

the house owner gets a new chimney stack paid for by his insurance

If they deem it an act of god, then possibly not

endurogangster
    Free Member

sue the church! Or the bloke for having a unsafe chimney, if it was the only one that came down its probably his fault!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought there was a ruling a few years back about “acts of God”. As per the film, they can’t prove his existence.

Sui
    Free Member

Is that really still in insurance contracts, not checked for a while.. **** really, if it’s anact of God,go claim of the **** church.

butcher

Did they specify which God?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

sue the church!

Sue the synogogue . God laughs at the Church.

jodafett

Can we leave Sue out of it, it wasn’t his fault.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Act of God is not a legal term just a way of explaining the insurance company is not going to pay out. Something to do with wind speeds if they are above a certain speed it’s declared a storm and nobody is to blame, everybody claims off their own insurance.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Act of God’ is closed to new replies.