Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Acid!
  • eskay

chakaping
    Free Member

Timely thread resurrection, I’ve been listening to this mix by KI/KI this week. Banging but very nicely done – and reminds me that the build-up in Access is one of the great moments of dance music.

eskay

Nice one @chakaping, morning listening sorted!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The Assorted Trance youtube channel is generally excellent.

dazh

Nice one  @chakaping, morning listening sorted!

Seems to be quite the acid techno resurgence going on right now. Even some of the old DJs are returning to it.. (not that Chris Liberator ever left)

mogrim

Cheers @chakaping, enjoyed that 🙂

eskay

@dazh – It is incredible that Chris Liberator is still in the scene. It must be amazing to do something that you love for that long.

I remember seeing him at some of the free parties in the early 90’s (also see the rave thread!).

dazh

I remember seeing him at some of the free parties in the early 90’s

Saw him play as recently as January in Hebden Bridge and he was as good as ever. I don’t know how he maintains the energy and enthusiasm. Once a year is enough for me 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

oh nice. Dunno if anyone likes Charlotte de Witte but lots of her sets have a heavy acid / psy techno flavour. Very nice! In many ways.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Talk of the devil…

jruk
    Free Member

Access… Those were the days. Remember Steve Mason playing it in Club UK and everyone going absolutely postal.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ah club uk….. Wolvo memories. Ever go canal club?

jruk
    Free Member

We used to go to the one in London. I went to the 2nd bday party and it was so packed and hot they opened the doors into the shopping centre. Hundreds of people sat on the balcony overlooking woolworths off their faces. It was like day of the dead.

eskay

OM Unit has just released a really nice laid back acid album, listen on band camp (just announced a repress as well).

https://omunit.bandcamp.com/album/acid-dub-studies

Houns

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ah club uk….. Wolvo memories. Ever go canal club?

Yup!

bob_summers

One of the best threads here and I always open it when I can’t play stuff. Will be annoying the fam later…

andykirk
    Free Member

Good golly that De Witte set is boring. I keep willing her to maybe try a different beat. But she never does.

fluided
    Free Member

@andykirk I have to agree De Witte mix is really boring especially when you compare it to the KI/KI mix above

eskay

Really good new EP out by Mike Ash:

https://mikeash.bandcamp.com/album/carbonic-ep

eskay

Freester

A timely thread revival…

Charlotte de Witte was on BBCR1 Friday PM. A celebration of the 303 so some acid techno vibes. I like Charlotte sometimes, and this is one of those moments (although I do also occasionally think sometimes she’s left the same track on repeat for an hour).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000tp1k there is a comedy moment when Pete Tong selects two of his Acid tracks and it goes from CdW’s up front modern acid techno to two very old school selections.

I remember B.Traits original broadcast that started this thread. I miss Bea on the radio and this was one of her best shows. I found a copy on Mixcloud once many moons ago but can’t seem to find it now…

bridges
    Free Member

Top thread. Acid/Techno was always my preferred sound ‘back in the day’. The proper hard stuff, not poppy Handbag House and Garage. Love some of the stuff posted up here. I have to refrain from a proper YT wormhole session, I’ve too much to do! But if you like your harder Acid/Techno type sounds, then check out HÖR Berlin; literally hundreds of DJ sessions. Boiler Room as well. So much stuff out there. Ellen Alien, Amelie Lens, Bloody Mary, Boris Brecha, so many. Fernanda Martins, Lukas, Sheefit if you want something harder and faster. I’ll even go as far as Angerfist and Miss K8, but that should come with a health warning. My neighbours aren’t keen on it…

We used to go to the one in London. I went to the 2nd bday party and it was so packed and hot they opened the doors into the shopping centre. Hundreds of people sat on the balcony overlooking woolworths off their faces. It was like day of the dead.

I’ve got the scary feeling I might have been there. Does sound very familiar. I never quite worked out exactly where Club UK actually was; we’d wander the streets for what seemed like hours, to get to that place. Nowhere near a tube station. Used to really enjoy Megatripolis at Heaven; saw Sven Vath play there at least once. Bit more towards hard trance. **** nuts, that place. Trade @ Turnmills could be fun, but most people were so out of it by the time it opened!

sirromj

If you like it moody…

bridges
    Free Member

Nice! Good sense of ‘urgency’ in that track. Slightly anxiety-inducing.

Something in a similarly hard and fast vein:

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Acid!’ is closed to new replies.