Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Accoms in near Afan
  • andygreener

I know you can camp near to Afan, but does anyone know of any places with some ‘luxuries’ if I take the missus and kids in April?
    Many thanks

clubber
    Free Member

Not sure it counts as luxury but the log cabins are brilliant and warm adn cosy. We’re off there again this year.

google: Bryn Bettws Log Cabins

thomthumb
    Free Member

mountainview b&b plus is simple nice and cheap but in port talbot

blanco’s in port talbot is sposed to be a good hotel (never been there mind)

biggest problem with both; port talbot it’s a hole!

mudhound
    Free Member

bryn teg house great B&b and in between wall and glyncorryg and 50 yards from track (disused railway line) between the two

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, Bryn Teg is very good indeed.

the cabins are also very nice places to stay, I agree. The one at the far end had some very interesting reading material after our last stay there……. 😈

tinsy
    Free Member

There is also a new mountain lodge looking place just sprung up near the Argoed trail centre, looked very nice from the outside.. Not stayed there but looks the ticket. Right on the disused railway line that connects Glyngorrwyg and Argoed

http://www.afanlodge.com/

will
    Free Member

Another one for Bryn Teg, B&B is very nice, and they also have a self catering cottage next to the B&B, but i havn’t used that.

tinsy
    Free Member

The cottage is great very cosy, but its set up for blokes sharing as its all bunkbeds, got a lovely log burner though and its very close to the pub :-).

Android
    Free Member

Green Lanterns is good, nice rooms, good restuarant and a stables next door so the family can go pony riding while you do the trails. I have stayed in loads of the B&B’s up there and there isn’t one I wouldn’t go back to. GL is good as the restuarant is just across the driveway (its in the middle of nowhere about 10 mins to lower visitor center though you can ride up the back of the trails and drop in) so you could leave the kids in the room while you have a late meal or couple of beers with the wife (assuming they are old enough to be left alone or take a kiddie alarm)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Accoms in near Afan’ is closed to new replies.