Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Accommodation in/ near Motherwell suggestions
  • crashbanggg
    Free Member

For my third year of Uni, I’m on a placement job in Motherwell for the year. I’ve got the majority of the years accommodation sorted by staying at the College accommodation, but I need to find somewhere to stay between the 16th July and the 7th August due to the commonwealth games.

Does anyone with any knowledge of the area know of anywhere that might be suitable? I don’t mind traveling and don’t mind ‘roughing’ it to a certain extent!

Cheers

Chris
    *Scurries back to Google to collate a list of B&B’s and caravan sites*

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I’ve heard theres a nice place out near Carstairs that’s got availability 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at the Hilton, Holiday Inn and Alona around Strathclyde Park recently, all of which were decent.

legend
    Free Member

Lives in Glasgow, uses hotels in Motherwell……. **** lawyers 😉

Sadly I don’t have anything more useful to add unless you want to stay in a kennel 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

haha! 🙂

hilton was a freebie, alona was for a friend’s wedding reception and holiday inn was a promo rate to save me a cab home and then having to come back and collect my car!

derek_starship
    Free Member

You’ll have to be quick!

gonefishin
    Free Member

Frankly the most amazing thing about this is the fact that anyone can get work in Motherwell!

For full disclosure it’s where I was brought up.

matt_outandabout

You don’t want to drive ‘past’ Glasgow with the games on, so look south and east IMO.
    Innerliethan is only an hours drive 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Accommodation in/ near Motherwell suggestions’ is closed to new replies.