Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Accommodation around Cwmcarn?
  • osteo1
    Free Member

Hi. Does anyone have a recommendations for somewhere to stay B&B/Hotel etc near cwmcarn am doing Afan on Friday then driving to Cwmcarn so I can get an early start on it Sat am, so close to the trail would be good… + local pub recommended would be even better! Thanks!

geetee1972
    Free Member

There is a place called Westwood Villas just down the road in Cross Keys

59 Risca Road, Crosskeys, Caerphilly, NP11 7BT. Tel: 01495 272650

I’ve stayed there quite a few times and the chap who runs it is bike friendly and as a secure garage you can leave your bike in. It’s clean, has plenty of hot water and reasonably newly decorated.

A good place for food/pub is about half a mile down the road, a place on the left called ‘The Daran’. It’s a more ‘up market’ pub.

All of this is relative to Cross Keys area, which isn’t the most salubrious end of Wales, but you’ll be perfectly comfortable and it’s all cheap!

osteo1
    Free Member

Thanks very much have just booked a room the guy was very helpful… £60 for Twin room ensuite incl Brekkie (incase anyone is interested!) will let you know how we go! Thanks again!

geetee1972
    Free Member

I really hope it’s ok! Has been a year since I stayed there. 😯

cubemeup
    Free Member

i’ll be away that weekend so i only live 2mins away from cwmcarn so hop into bed with my mrs!!

osteo1
    Free Member

Just realised that I hadn’t updated this… The area was as expected interesting, but the B&B had a great breakfast, beds were comfy/clean so would recommend Westwood Villas. As for Cwmcarn if you haven’t been, you are missing out! cracking, beautiful trail! fun stuff up the top too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Accommodation around Cwmcarn?’ is closed to new replies.