Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Accident advice please
  • OK, out for a quickie last evening riding down local lane round corner & hit car, wing mirror & side rear wing leaving me in a ditch behind car. Car drivers response is to call in to my home tday with an estimate for the car repairs (£1000). Driver didn't even ask how I was.

Surely this is a knock for knock job? or would it? or do I just let the insurance co slug it out?
    Just what I needed at the moment.

enfht
    Free Member

Who's fault was it, were you injured, were the police informed, was your bike damaged?

Sandwich

Insurance company job, let them get on with it. You did report it to the police?

Rear mech & hanger gone, helmet dented, glasses broken, ankle swollen & hurts like bugger & scraped knee & leg. Happend on single track road bout 2.4m wide & I made contact at bout .75m off my kerbside so as I read it as for fault both parties

highclimber
    Free Member

How many estimates did the guy get for his car?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you are .75 m from your kerbside you are in the correct place. Report it to the police. Injury accidents must be reported.

Knock for knock is the worst you should settle for.

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    If you are .75 m from your kerbside you are in the correct place.

That's quite a supposition given the facts presented in this thread – e.g. was the car even moving?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Teggs Horatio Stegosaur, do you think the car driver actually did anything wrong though?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fair enough Druidh – I assumed more than I had info for

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Tell us a bit more. We cannot possibly give a reasoned comment on the info that is given.

druidh
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member
    Tell us a bit more. We cannot possibly give a reasoned comment on the info that is given.

Pah – this is STW

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Hence the inclusion of the word "reasoned". I would expect lots of comments, but very few reasoned ones.

highclimber
    Free Member

Its not us he needs to explain the accident to – its a solicitor really!

aracer
    Free Member

Best of speaking to somebody who deals with this sort of thing for a living. http://bikeline.co.uk/ is highly recommended.

We were both moving at the time of impact both trying to slow down. There is a lot of loose grit around there whcih didn't help either of us. Hence my assumption of knock for knock.

project
    Free Member

As above, Bikeline.co.uk , ring them dont say anymore,you may incriminate yourself.

highclimber
    Free Member

sounds like knock for knock to me. you both took evasive action, it wasn't enough. I would ignore his 'estimate' and seek advice from solicitor

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

send him your estimate for costs.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Accident advice please’ is closed to new replies.