Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Absolute black 13t lockring – any good ?
  • trailgod
    Free Member

I am considering fitting the above to (hopefully) overcome poor shifting on my 1 X 10 system

I have an xt m771 11-36 cassette fitted from which I have removed the 17t (I think if memory serves) cog & fitted a uber 42 expander sprocket when I converted from 3 x 9 to 1 X 10. I have also got a goatlink fitted to the rear mech but the shifting is certainly far from factory. My question is – would the lockring overcome this problem as I would refit the 17 t cog & remove the 11 t cog as per absolute blacks website ? The hub is a standard 9 mm quick release Hope pro 2 non-centrelock hub ..
    thanks
    t/g

cp

is it just trouble shifting past the 17 or across the whole cassette?

trailgod
    Free Member

tbh its poor shifting (esp.down) in in last 3 gears but esp.where the big jump is. I’ve got the same set up on another bike and, whilst the shifting is slightly better, its still not as it should be. Another option I suppose is a rad cage

momo

11-36 is 327% range, 13-42 is 323% range if I’ve got my sums right, personally I would take the expander off and get a smaller chainring if possible.

trailgod
    Free Member

I’ve already got a 30 chain ring fitted !!
    not too bothered at losing 11 cog as only spin out on brief road riding anyway – more bothered about improving shifting

swanny853

I’d be buying the oneup rad cage and a 16t to replace the 15 and 17 before I took the 11 off. If you’re going to take the 11 off, don’t bother, take the 42 off instead and look at buying cranks that can take a smaller ring.

trailgod
    Free Member

Another option is sunrace mx 3 10 speed cassette to avoid the jump in gears – anyone used this ?

swanny853

Yes, but with a rad cage. The bad shifting at the high end sounds like (becasue of the goatlink/winding in the b screw) the top wheel is too far from the cassette, so a ‘proper’ cassette may help but probably won’t solve.

poah
    Free Member

yip, works well. I got it over taking out the other cog as I never used the 11t but found the 40t enough with my chain ring. couldn’t give a monkey about having the most range as possible as I could get up and down without any issue with th2 13-40

simondbarnes

Just get a 26t chainring and an 11/36 cassette.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Absolute black 13t lockring – any good ?’ is closed to new replies.