Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • about to head off to Cannock…
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

…to check out the new stuff. Any hints/tips. is it all fully signposted yet. Is it worth sticking on the usual 'special' bits?

i must stress however that there is absolutely nothing to see at cannock, it's a veritable singletrack desert

K

I have nothing useful to add, but I would rather be in the said desert than at work today.

mike_check
    Free Member

Think I'm heading up there this evening for my first look at the new bit, heard good reports so I'm looking forward to seeing nothing!

But judging by the latest blog entry I'd guess it's fully signed!

GENESIS_IO_2002
    Free Member

Sorry to nick your post but I would also appreciate telling me where the new bit is. Was looking to do some of follow the dog and then the Monkey trail. So where do you pick up the Monkey trail?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i imagine it'll be signposted, we always use cheaky trails to get to the other side but i think the cheaky has been made official to get you to the railway crossing at the bottom of marquis drive and over to the special events area

GENESIS_IO_2002
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright
    i imagine it'll be signposted, we always use cheaky trails to get to the other side but i think the cheaky has been made official to get you to the railway crossing at the bottom of marquis drive and over to the special events area
    Is the trail signposed from the follow the dog tho?

scruff
    Free Member

New stuffs waymarked. Theres a new link bit down to the railway from section 8 (which is the most recent 'old bit' of Follow your Dad) then its round phase 2/ monkey, back over railway and up Kitbag hill to rejoin FYD or whatever, like.

mike_check
    Free Member

Edit – Scruff's just answered this with details that I didn't

st

like wot Scruff says.

In terms of linking cheek to the Monkey the steep blast down to the railway has been replaced by the new link with the old trail now having barriers to slow people down (not that you'd want to use the old trail now the new one is there 'cause it's ace).

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Went this morning – about 930ish – and it was nice and quiet*. Only managed to get down to the railway before my missus texted to say I needed to look after nipper during her driving lesson. So I headed back to the Dog. D'oh. What I saw was great fun and I loved the new finish to the old dog.

*And unfriendly. Granted I only saw three other people and a small group. Smiles, nods and hellos from me were all ignored.

iain1775
    Free Member

Vid from Monday – http://vimeo.com/11094588
    Been again today and done the full loop – its ace but breaking up and dusty at the mo, prob needs a little less traffic and a bit of rain to settle the trails dowen abit and wash the 'marbles' off some of the corners

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it's officially rubbish

ST and the boys deserve no credit at all for looking at the best bits of other centres and placing those concepts perfectly in the Staffordshire landscape.

The new sections of FTD are complete pish too

seriously i wouldn't bother

it has in no way returned my MTB mojo to it's former glory after 5 months off and from now on i shall stick to my road bike

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

MOUNTAIN BIKING ROCKS!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

senses some sarcasm ❓ ❗ 💡

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

a little 🙂

i put the giant smiley in just in case

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it's actually the first time i've got to the end of a trail and sat and chatted with a couple of equally stoked riders i've never met before about how much fun we just had.

at least outside of canadia anyway

abductee
    Free Member

Houns

I'm itching never ever to ride there again this weekend

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'm DEFINITELY not going to go back tomorrow

Houns

I may not go Sunday and i certainly won't be going on Monday either

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Good plan. I'm definitely not going back next week.

nickc

Fastes point?

Who is fastes, and what was his point?

abductee
    Free Member

I think is means the fastest point. You can post a better map if you dislike this one.

postierich
    Free Member

Still not finished yet!!Even better when you link up Stile Cop and the run down to the Industrial estate on the other side of the road!

abductee
    Free Member

I haven't been yet. Hoping to go on Sunday. I was wondering about the bits round 5 ways and the monkey trail where there has been some construction but it isn't on the map. Are these black grades or not finished yet?

scruff
    Free Member

So, Cannock Chase is now second best to Cananada for stoke ?

Abductee- yes and no

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

well it's quite near Stoke

you night riding tonight? i think PQ and I may make an appearance

still need lights?

scruff
    Free Member

Riding yes but some of us might be at Hanchurch, not sure yet.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i shall let PQ do the research, i'm off on a bike ride 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Think Im going to park at stile cop layby and not ride the monkey next week. I expect not going will be really quite boring.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘about to head off to Cannock…’ is closed to new replies.