Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Aaaargh… WTF is going on with Formula brakes??
  • psychle
    Free Member

Been waiting since fricking late March for a set of The One’s, the last delivery date I had from Stif was 25th May. Got back from holiday today and still no brakes, so called Stif and the new delivery date is sometime in July… just as bloody well I’m not desperate for these things!!

On a better note, my new Roval Traversee’s arrive tomorrow from Freeborn, only had to wait a month for these 🙄 Looking forward to shedding an instant pound off my Enduro 8) The nice weather better hold till Thursday when I can go for an all day epic in the Surrey Hills to try them out 😀

dooge
    Free Member

Formula have always been slow at the best of times! Ive been waiting for a new brake lever to come into CRC for the best part of 3 months at the moment…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Funnily enough I spoke to Propel, the distributors, just today about spares availability. The guy there, I think his name is Toby, was really helpful and explained in detail why they have such problems with supply from Formula. Apparently it’s all to with something he referred to as ‘being Italian’.

Seriously, there are issues with what’s been happening in the economy and bike shops being reluctant to commit to placing orders earlier in the year because of the economic situation.

UK Bike Store appear to have reasonable stock – http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk

timber

run an italian machine at work and parts take forever, for 3 months in the workshop it’ll spend a week on the hill before breaking again
    And if you want parts in July or August, not a chance, no one’s in

psychle
    Free Member

I think th ‘being Italian’ has a bit to do with it 😀 Formula is also OEM on quite a few bikes now, so I guess they’re looking after this first and foremost perhaps… bloody annoying for those of us that just want a set of brakes after market! 😡

ukbikestore say they’ll have stock of The One ‘end of May’ btw…

domino

Yep, Mrdomino waited about 3 months for a caliper part for his Formula Oro’s – luckily out LBS loaned him a spare brake for that time and they kept chasing up the part.

heihei

Tell me about it – been waiting for my R1’s for about the same length of time.

Psychle – as you seem to be local, have you tried Head for the Hills in Dorking? Last time I was in there they had stock of The Ones.

Enjoy the Traversees – great wheels.

AB
    Free Member

As someone who has a set of ‘Ones’, all I can say is it’ll be worth the wait!!

psychle
    Free Member

Stif are doing them for 15% off RRP, so I get a set for around £300 which is pretty good (just have to be patient!) If a LBS could come close to this then I’d definitely go for it, guess I should give them a call and see what they can do 😀 Currently running Puro’s on my bike and tbh they’re perfectly fine and dandy, but I just have to have a set of the One’s after listening to all the rave reviews (plus the black and gold suits my bike better 🙄 )

WackoAK
    Free Member

AB – seconded! They are superb brakes.

Have you tried Freeflow bikes? http://www.freeflowbikes.com they appear to have them in stock.

heihei

Stif are doing them for 15% off RRP, so I get a set for around £300 which is pretty good (just have to be patient!) If a LBS could come close to this then I’d definitely go for it, guess I should give them a call and see what they can do

Most LBS will do you 10% off RRP for any purchase of reasonable size.

As above, they are awesome brakes – I’ve ended up dropping a rotor size they are so powerful. Don’t seem to like the wet though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Aaaargh… WTF is going on with Formula brakes??’ is closed to new replies.