Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Aaaarggh…. too many tablets! Tablet/hybrid running full windows for photoshop?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Sorry people but I’m being buried by tech specs, most of which I dont understand! Can ye help me 🙂

I am looking for a tablet or ‘hybrid’ (think that means it comes with a detachable keyboard?) that I can do some photoshop work on while travelling.

-full windows and enough umpf to run photoshop
    -HD screen 10/11 inch?
    -able to use a ‘pen’ for input
    -full size usb hole
    -the more durable the better
    -the cheaper the better! thinking £150-300 budget secondhand

Something like a lenovo yoga? microsoft surface?

jam-bo

I’ve got a thinkpad yoga. It’s pretty good but I doubt it’s got enough grunt for photoshop.

Oh and it was more like 3x your budget.

Cougar

I’d suggest you add a zero onto the end of your budget or rethink your requirements.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Rather than trying to turn a tablet into a laptop, why not get a cheap laptop?

You’ll be looking at a Surface Pro 3 then, but for an acceptable spec you’ll be looking at £900 – not sure about s/h.

Although, not sure about it’s durability – they are blummin good though

walla24
    Free Member

Hmm ok thanks all, i think another option is an android tablet with Photoshop Touch (not express) app which should give a half decent level of function?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Maybe a Dell Venue 11 from the Dell Outlet or a reseller.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I use a Galaxy Note 10.1, ticks all the boxes except for USB for which an adapter is needed (although not sure if the newer fersions have ‘fixed’ this).
    Haven’t used a ‘pro spec’ PS system so no idea how it compares but is very convenient for travel use and I’ve had prints made up to A3 with no quality issues.

Flaperon

Base model Surface Pro 3 less than £600 with keyboard at PC World.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Wacom cintiq companion 2

philtricklebank

Replace the HDD in any laptop from the last 6-7 years with a solid state drive and it’ll run Photoshop no worries. Faster than anything with a HDD at least. It’ll cost less than £100, provided you have such a laptop available. Otherwise I think you’re asking too much for your budget.

walla24
    Free Member

Wacom cintiq companion 2

wow….now that’s what i’d buy (if i had the money!) 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

I like my Dell Venue Pro 11. I have the Mobile Keyboard which is a more tactile keyboard with extra battery in it. Doesn’t work out so cheap though. Went with the quad core Atom version as it’s less power and longer running. Full fat Windows. Haven’t tried PhotoShop but it’s running full Visual Studio. I also run Capture NX on it fine (Nikon raw editor). Not as fast as a desktop obviously but enough for little bits on the move.

Asus Transformer stuff is a cheap alternative.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Aaaarggh…. too many tablets! Tablet/hybrid running full windows for photoshop?’ is closed to new replies.