Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • AA alternatives
  • sweepy
    Free Member

Just got my renewal for the AA, and at over £200 I think they’re just ripping the arse out of it now.
    Who do you use and are they any good?

donsimon
    Free Member

Allen Carr “The Easy Way”?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Take a look at the subject page on MSE site

I’ve used AutoAid for the past 10 years or so. Called then a couple of times and never an issue.

[edit] £38 for two of us/two cars [/edit]

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Depends what level of cover/assistance you want, but can you get something similar as part of your car insurance? No idea how good this will be, but I get offered it every year at renewal time and it seems ‘cheap’!

RustySpanner

Brittania Rescue are excellent – never been let down by them.

footflaps

Never paid more than £50 for Breakdown cover – try MoneySupermarket.com – been with EuroAssist (I think) for the last few years.

Harry_the_Spider

RAC paid for with Tesco clubcard points.

brassneck

Phone them, the renewal is b******* to see who will pay.

My RAC cover went from £140 on the renewal doc to £80 (Joint) once I presented them with the alternatives 10 seconds on Google provided.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Brittania Rescue too but never had the need to call them out yet. Before that was the AA and very disappointed as we ended up recovering the car ourselves.
    Brittania Rescue was £79 through CSMA discount for full European cover which is much cheaper than all the others.

superfli
    Free Member

If you drive your vehicle abroad then ADAC. 79 euros a year for you, whatever car or m/bike. Covers Europe (which of course is UK as well!)

snowy1
    Free Member

I second Brassneck – ring them. I got a renewal quote which was about twice the introductory price but as soon as I spoke to them they put it right back down

craigxxl
    Free Member

If you drive your vehicle abroad then ADAC. 79 euros a year for you, whatever car or m/bike. Covers Europe (which of course is UK as well!)

Does that include repatriation as a lot who other the breakdown service at such a low price is only to take the car to a local garage for repair if they can’t fix it at the roadside. If you were taken ill and had to be flown home then your car would be stranded until you could have it brought back at your expense.

sweepy
    Free Member

Well I have phoned them and it dropped from £213 to £99.
    Ive told them i’ll think about it.
    Thanks to all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘AA alternatives’ is closed to new replies.