Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A57 Snakepass
  • singletracksurfer

Is there a cyclepath along the bridge on the A57 just here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=419290&y=386435&z=120&sv=419290,386435&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=700&ax=419290&ay=386435&lm=0

or are cyclists coming from the Cutthroat bridge bridleway (east) expected to cross the road then cross it again to the road leading to the visitor centre?

Thanks.

crazy-legs

There's a cyclepath (actually a shared use foot/cycle path) along quite a substantial section of that road and the bit down to the dam. Mind the moaning pedestrians though of which there are always loads.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there is a cycle path form the junction with the bamford road to the bottom of the Derwent Lane. There is nothing from Cuthroat Bridge to the Bamford road though

singletracksurfer

thanks very much.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you don't need to go on the road at all – you can take the cycle path along the east shore of the lake to the VC…

There is nothing from Cuthroat Bridge to the Bamford road though

apart from the bridleway ?

hora
    Free Member

On the Hope Circuit you have to cross Woodhead TWICE! I remember seeing walkers etc crossing the bridleway as well, the second crossing is by a bend…..eek! 😯

AndyPaice
    Free Member

"or are cyclists coming from the Cutthroat bridge bridleway (east) expected to cross the road then cross it again to the road leading to the visitor centre?"

As SFB says you just turn right at the bottom of the flagstones descent off winstone lee tor and follow the hardcore/tarmac track to the visitors centre. It's a nice traffic free spin.

Penguinious,
    Hope and Woodhead pass are quite a distance apart, do you mean the snake pass?

hora
    Free Member

Snake Pass yes. Sorry.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Hora, I though that would have been a big loop!!

how come your username has changed? I copied and pasted "Penguinious" as the username from your post when I replied to your post, as I couldn't be arsed typing it. How do you get different usernames for the same posts?

hora
    Free Member

Samehere- its in your profile, theres a dropdown so you can choose your name (watch)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A57 Snakepass’ is closed to new replies.