Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A2z disc mount
  • falkirk-mark

As per title does anyone have one ?, I bought a titanium Gary Fisher Prometheus with V/canti mounts but would like to put a disc on the frame (do not want to weld as frame is quite rare). Has anyone used these mounts and are they any good ?
    Thanks Mark

squin
    Free Member

I had one on an old Santa Cruz heckler and it worked perfectly.

boblo
    Free Member

Wiggle have them.

oliverracing

Yep – they work well on most frames, I had to dremel mine slightly to get it to sit straight (1994 m-trax Ti)

ThePinkster

Had one on my old Marin Quake FRS. Worked fine.

falkirk-mark

Cheers guys I will need to purchase one (I think this cheap frame could cost me a few quid).

pictonroad

Works perfectly on my 97 Zaskar. You do need a relatively flat section of drop out for it to fit snugly.

Minimum disc size is 180 and I had to fiddle it a bit with files and washers to get my brake position spot on but it’s been perfect for years now. A great product.

Heavy though.

mj27
    Free Member

Got one in the spares box,used, but you can have it for £14 posted

falkirk-mark

mj27 drop me an email please.

curlie467
    Free Member

Mine worked perfectly too.
    Not sure on the minimum size rotor though as I ran mine with a 140mm rotor.

nemesis
    Free Member

Worked well on my CX too. With a 140mm rotor.

pictonroad

sorry, minimum disc size on a Zaskar is 180mm, it depends on the frame and where the adaptor ‘sits’ in relation to the drop out.

D0NK

So has no-one managed to rip the dropout off their not disc compatible frame with one of these then?

sugdenr
    Free Member

I have one of the arm type that connects to the V boss and bolts to the dropout, but you have to sort out something to shorten the hub.

Pickers

I also have one on my 96 Zaskar – went straight on without any fiddling, 160mm disc, SLX brakes. As above, been solid for a few years now.
    There’s a fair bit of meat on a Zaskar dropout – almost looks as though it was designed to fit it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A2z disc mount’ is closed to new replies.