Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A1 conditions
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

I was supposed to be returning to Scotland today, but it seems Northern England has got soft since I left and now Lancashire has shut down (if only that were the case all the time…).

I was wondering if anyone's driven the A1 today and what it's like? It's getting the point where it's essential that I get back up so I'd like to go tomorrow.

The traffic websites make it look like Arnwick is the only real problem area, whereas the old man says that the M6 is a sea of jack-knifed lorries…

Smee
    Free Member

Trains are running.

Davy
    Free Member

The A1's absolutely fine around here (Newcastle), apart from the usual crawling traffic around the Metro Centre. Even the Carter Bar road is open, (A696) if you want to go the quicker, scenic route.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Last resort- I've got a hell of a lot of stuff to shift.

carbon337
    Free Member

The country roads are covered around Alnwick area not sure on A1 wifes School is shut in Alnwick – snowing quite heavy with more forecast today and tonight.

Im just outside Alnwick.

uplink
    Free Member

The A1 is bad between Catterick & Wetherby

GrahamS

Drove the A1 from Newcastle to Edinburgh yesterday at 6:30am->9:30am. Was fine then, though down to one lane in many of the two-lane bits, so a pain if you're stuck behind someone.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Trains are running.

Are you sure Goan? Linky

failedengineer

What's wrong with Lancashire, like?

Jamie
    Free Member

I would imagine most of the A1 will be ok. Just don't try and turn off it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A1 conditions’ is closed to new replies.