Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A word of thanks….
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

To the old dear driving the shitty old Fiesta in Danbury tonight. The combined output of the lights on our bikes is in the region of 3900 lumens (technical term ‘kin bright’). It’s a bit like a portable sun. So why after looking right at us did you try to run us all over by pulling out in front of us? Another stupid old crone who shouldn’t be allowed to keep thier licence.

Thanks for trying to kill us you daft old bat

robhughes
    Free Member

That was my mum

nickjb
    Free Member

Were your lights road legal?

scaredypants

It’s a bit like a portable sun. So why after looking right at us…

shot in the dark here cheesy ( 😉 )

perhaps your unfocused and undipped THROBBING 3900 lumens of which you’re so proud blinded or confused her and, as I’ve said repeatedly (to the ennui of the stw faithful), she thought your lights were farther away because they were so small as to look like point sources

I’d suggest you turn them down, in both senses, for road riding

taka
    Free Member

who pays the road tax….. 😆

druidh
    Free Member

It’s a well known fact that it is difficult to judge the approach speed of a single, bright light source. Riding side-by-side might look like a car and help make it easier for other road users to judge your speed 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

blinded or confused her

Blinded possibly, if confused by lights at night, on a road, then she shouldn’t be driving.

‘Ohh, those light are bright, I’d better pull out in front of them’

scaredypants

Essel – I’ve had the pleasure of commuting for years along roads used by several bikers with

‘kin bright’

lights and can vouch for the fact that they clearly are NOT recognised as bikes by many drivers (and I find they can easily look like a distant car or motorbike with full beam on, even though I know what they are)

recognition’s also not helped by them being so bright you actually can’t look straight at them

Idiocy, IMO

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There were three if us with bar and helmet lights each on a well lit road. She looked right at us. She pulled right out as we were drawing level. She shouldn’t be on the road

Jamie
    Free Member

That sounds like Rob’s mum.

Gary_C

who pays the road tax

Err…nobody pays road tax…

😉

takisawa2

Perhaps she thought it was a UFO…

Frankers
    Free Member

We also have many problems with people stopping in the middle of the road when they see us coming, and also people pulling out

It is confusing for drivers with so many lights coming their way and also the movement could be seen as flashing to give right of way

Why do you see the need to have so many lights switched on whilst on the road, helmet + bar mounted is overkill and confusing on the road

rOcKeTdOg

to be fair i’ve had numerous vehicles pull out on me on a bright sunny summers day at midday, you don’t need lights for someone not to have engaged their brain before flooring the gas pedal

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A word of thanks….’ is closed to new replies.