Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A well in the garden, quirky or avoid?
  • JCornford

I was just about to complete on the purchase of a flat but it has just fallen through, so I am back on the hunt again. I have spotted a small house with potential, but it has a well in the garden which I thought was very odd, is this something cool and quirky, or a potential for endless problems?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Is it a real well? If so it's not difficult to cover over and you may even be able to tap into it for some free water, however if it's one of those fake wooden wells just set fire to it and it'll 'burn away'!! 😈

nonk
    Free Member

i have one in me house and it just kind of stays where it is and gives us no grief.

JCornford

It's a real one, the property details say it's approximately 12 foot deep. I was just wondering if there would be rat problems or issues with having a water source close to the house etc.

MrNutt
    Free Member

that doesn't sound particularly deep for a well, how's the lay of the land?

daniellesheridan
    Free Member

It might be portal to the underworld.

Beware of Morlocks, Goblins and Sandworms, though you could kill these by pooring a bottle of domestos down now and again. 😛

large418
    Free Member

No problems with rats, or other issues with a water source close to the house. Our well is in clay and about 12 feet from the back door – it gives us no grief whatsoever – why should it? Tend to find the people who put them there knew what they were doing.

JCornford

It sounds as though it is terraced and the well is in the lowest part, I've not looked at it yet, I am looking on Wednesday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A well in the garden, quirky or avoid?’ is closed to new replies.