Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • A week away in the summer, which would be better…?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

A week in Les Arcs or a week around Scotland? Never been to the Alps and the only Scottish riding I’ve done has been at Glentress, several times. Would be on my own (only way for me 🙂 ) and would be driving to either and camping.

I would head for the Alps, more dependable weather being the number 1 reason

br
    Free Member

Try TrailAddiction in Les Arcs or if Scotland go mid May through June.

In fact, if you are driving to the Alps I’m sure you’ll find others on here to join you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

depends what you want to do – Scotland’s right to roam means with a map. some research and a bit of effort you can go to some of the wildest places in Europe – there is great riding but you have to work for it

Alps gives yo the opportunity to do lift assisted riding with downhills that you simply cannot get in Scotland.

I love the freedom and ability to wander that you get in Scotland – I do hate the dragging my bike thru a swamp that seems to be obligatory to get to the best bits.

So whats more important – huge long downhills or wandering the wilderness?

steveh

You’ll have a good time in les arcs assuming you get the IGN map and don’t mind some getting lost but you won’t have a great time without a guide. The best trails are really really good though so worth the cost of a guide.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

The Alps. We have been to Les Gets twice buy last year we went with The White Room and had the best time ever. We’re going with trail Addiction this time so can’t yet make comment on them but they get good comments here.

Last year we did about 17,000 vertical metres total descending in the 5 days riding! Awesome

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Alps

mogrim

Another option is ferry from Portsmouth to north Spain, then hit the Basque country – green, mountainous, good food, wine… There’s a story on the front page* about it: http://www.singletrackworld.com/2011/01/greatrockbasque/

* I only discovered the front page recently 🙂

muchbettertom
    Free Member

i’d pop over to bikevillage for a week (and i probably will, again…) 8)

(scotland is ace though too)

fizzer
    Free Member

Tour of Old Trafford mate, give you chance to see some modern day trophies

loddrik
    Free Member

Old traffords trophy cabinet a little light on European Cups for me…

I reckon Les Arcs may be a better bet in summer as I guess I could get to Scotland for most of the year.

jedi

im trying to decide where to go this year.
    canada
    italy
    spain
    france

choices 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Tony if you go to Canada late summer (say august ish) I may well be able to meet you there if I get my visa accepted 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A week away in the summer, which would be better…?’ is closed to new replies.