Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A website of hope
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

press animate and sit backup and watch the Jetstream sort itself out over the next week or so, and then the Azores high will need to build and we might even get a normal summer, with a little rain, dull days and some lovely balmy summer days, sunsets to ride into and the like.

Press here for relief

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Some relief, but remember how last year started dry and warm?…

DezB
    Free Member

So we only have to wait until next Thursday for this?

AndyRT
    Free Member

My point exactly….and relax

fervouredimage
    Free Member

press animate and sit backup and watch the Jetstream sort itself out over the next week or so, and then the Azores high will need to build and we might even get a normal summer, with a little rain, dull days and some lovely balmy summer days, sunsets to ride into and the like.

I don’t know you but I know that I love you. 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Are they isobars or isotherms?

scaredypants

which bit is the howling wind and driving rain ?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

is the red bit the rain coming down so hard that it stings your face?

AndyRT
    Free Member

I would suggest they are Isobars from the model scale, but at least the Jetstream is moving back to its proper place, and allowing the warm air and warm currents of the Gulf Stream to kick in. like I said, the Azores high needs to build so we get the benefit of high pressure and the protection from the oscillation of all of the lows we have been pounded with over the last few summers

allthegear
    Free Member

So, what I’m reading is it will be freezing this weekend and, just as I check into hospital next week, the weather turns ace??

Brilliant. <grumble>

Rachel

molgrips
    Free Member

but at least the Jetstream is moving back to its proper place, and allowing the warm air and warm currents of the Gulf Stream to kick in bringing us wind and rain

woody74

Should we raise one of those online petition things to ask the government to not spend £20 billion on trident but to invest it in research to sort out our weather once and for all. I know what would make the population happier!! Scientist are amazing people and I wonder what they could achieve with £20 billion

AndyRT
    Free Member

I see that there is a a lack of faith in our green country. STW forumites must remember what it is to be British. Personally I blame Easy Jet and Neighbours. sun on telly after school ( who wouldn’t be watching Kylie) and getting blazé about the sun always a wallet tickle away.

now we are in the new Epoch of holidays at home and relying upon the one thing the English can rely upon to be surprising.

its time to do what we do best…

Carry On

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Is the red bit summer?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A website of hope’ is closed to new replies.