Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • A warning about "Safety-One UK Ltd"
  • ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I wanted to buy some clear glasses, and went onto e-Bay. This firm had some Bolle glasses, nice and cheap at £3.47 each. I ordered two pairs (cos I'm always losing my clear glasses), which made postage cheaper. They claimed to have more than 10 in stock. Paid with PayPal

They posted them out to me, but only one pair. The delivery note said the remaining part of the order would be sent ASAP. Odd I thought as they had more than 10 in stock, but let it ride.

Nothing came after a week, so I e-mailed them. No response. I put the transaction into dispute with Pay Pal, but still no response. I've now put in a claim with PayPal against them.

All quite regular so far until today. The only people who know about the dispute are myself, PayPal and the company. Today I received an e-mail, purprtedly from PayPal wanting me to reply with all my personal details so that I could clear the access limitation on my Pay Pal account.

I logged in separately to Paypal, and there is no restriction on my account at all. I looked at the mail using my virus checker and it turns out to be fraudulent.

Seems very strange that as soon as I make a claim against a company for non delivery of goods I get a scam e-mail about this dispute. I can only put two and two together and assume that the company is in some way involved. Why else won't they reply to me, or PayPal; and why won't they send my glasses. They are only worth £3.47, it's not going to send them bankrupt.

So, if you are thinking of using this company then tread warily. Things may not be as they seem. They quote an address in Durham, but no phone numbers, and no e-mail, all communication has to be done through their e-Bay page. Gives me an uneasy feeling, glad I'm only a few pounds out of pocket.

uplink
    Free Member

Safety-One UK Ltd are a sound company IME – we use them for work for all sorts of stuff

http://www.safety-one.co.uk/contact.php

GTDave
    Free Member

Personally, I've never had a problem with them. Ordered many pairs of Bolle & Uvex glasses from them over the years, always had good service. 😕

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

That's very odd then. Why won't they quote contact details, or even reply to me? They won't reply to Paypal either. Maybe the e_bay site is a scam?

Something very fishy here.

geoffj

I've used them twice, the last time, they took an age to deliver, and they were a nightmare to deal with. As you say, no phone number.
    No scam paypal email to me though.

sofaking
    Free Member

i had a scam paypal email earlier in the week and i have never dealt with the above company 😕

ski
    Free Member

Did the scam email actually quote the dispute reference?

If not, then probably just one of the common paypal spam email that go around and just a coincidence.

joe1983
    Free Member

I had a scam paypal email the day after I had a problem solely with paypal. I think it is rogue paypal employees.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Yup, made reference to the dispute. Quoted a reference number, which bears no resemblence to anything on my PayPal account, but was said to refer to my account being given limited access. Told me that I needed to forward account details and scans of paperwork to get the limitation lifted.

Fortunately I didn't click on the links in the mail. Tried to look at it through my anti phishing software and all hell let loose. Big warnings about fraudulent e-mails.

I suppose it could be a total co-incidence, and that the company just have a pretty awful customer service ethos. But it makes me very wary.

uplink
    Free Member

Safety ones contact details are on their ebay page

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Safety-One__W0QQ_armrsZ1

cp

i've had the same scam email about having to log on to paypal several times. first time i logged onto paypal the official way and checked. my account wasn't blocked. i ignored all future emails along similar lines.

think it's probably just a coincidence. Poor form on the company for not getting back to you though…

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have had a few of those paypal scam emails come through. It just the same as the bank ones.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Should add it's been a month now since I placed the order. Even if the e-mail has nothing to do with them, they are **** to deal with.

GTDave
    Free Member

Have you phoned them at any point?

wwaswas

I wonder how 'accsuing reputable shops of sending phishing emails' will be dealt with under the new forum rules Mark's drawing up?

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

There invoice doesn't quote phone numbers, see above^^^(at least twice.)

They can't be reputable if they take money, don't send goods, state that there are "More than 10 in stock", won't reply to e-mails, won't reply to a PayPal dispute and won't deal with a claim from PayPal. The reasonable customer would think that they might be a bit dodgy. Customer service doesn't seem to exist with them. All fair comment.

wwaswas

well, their ebay home page has phone numbers on it so you haven't looked too hard?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Chatsworth, Exactly the same is happening to me with the same company.
    Ordered two types from them 3 weeks ago. One turned up promptly the other hasn't turned up. No response from ebay emails.

geoffj

There were no numbers available when my order went astray – almost 2 years ago now though.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Ian Munro – Member

Chatsworth, Exactly the same is happening to me with the same company.
    Ordered two types from them 3 weeks ago. One turned up promptly the other hasn't turned up. No response from ebay emails.

That's great news. At least I'm not alone. So out of five posters on here who have had dealings with the company 3 are not at all happy. Don't think that (admittedly small) sample means they could be called a

reputable shops

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I'm a satisfied customer.

Phone them, what do you have to lose?

uplink
    Free Member

I don't think your assumption that they're scammers is correct though

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

No, probably not. Looks like that was a big co-incidence. I've just used PayPal without problems, so think that's OK.

BTW, re yesterdays conversation, half NW England has lost their BBC 1 & 2 channels. Some are getting Wales, some Midlands and others are even getting TV from Middlesborough. Powers that be are just shrugging their shoulders. Looks like I've got to spend £60 on a decent aerial, but as the present one only cost £10 it's hardly surprising that it's giving poor reception. Thanks for your help.

white101

I got some cracking Bolle safety glasses from work, http://www.bocsafetyproducts.co.uk/product_viewCat_2_224_eye-and-face-protection.html

can't do the linky thing but these were them….oh I can do the linky thing woo hoo

white101

Bolle tracker smoke/clear/yellow ones nice spongy bit round frame keeps sweat out the peepers

davygravy
    Free Member

Nothing unusual about the "phishing" email pretending to be from pay pal. I get them every week as do lots of my friends. Not much of a coincidence really. Also get them from 'natwest', 'abbey', 'rbs', 'ebay', etc, etc. But of course its not really from any of those.

Theres a good moral to this thread though. Never ever click a link in an email. Even if the email address looks as if it has come from a trusted source do not touch it! Always go to the website by typing the address in your browser and log in as usual. If there is a problem with the account it will show when you log in.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

my mate bought some of these from said site in september. He got them ok though (£3.99 + £1.50P&P). IMO they look gash.

thefallguy
    Free Member

I have bought a few pairs from them with no problems, one pair was broken on arrival and a new pair arrived next day.

jonb
    Free Member

gear for fear have been good for me with glasses.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Aha.

Dear Customer,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for ordering from Safety One UK. If you
    have already placed and received your order, then please disregard the following
    letter. If not, and you have sent any emails in the past month or so, I
    would appreciate you taking the time to read this.

We run two shops on Ebay and have a website too, http://www.safety-one.co.uk.
    As a joint director of this company, I felt it necessary to explain our
    current situation and the reason we have been having so many problems with
    negative feedback. Obviously, online trading means most communication is
    via email, and so a month ago we employed a young man to purely deal with
    responding. However, we came back from a business trip last week and found
    our office in chaos. Not only had he been taking stock, but emails had been
    deleted and passwords changed. In addition, stock codes had been altered
    and so many customers have received incorrect items. If you have emailed
    us regarding this problem, please return the item with a covering note and
    we will refund your return postage costs and exchange the item for you.
    We have of course dismissed the employee who has got us into this mess, but
    as a result we have a huge number of backlogged orders.
    I am sending this email to assure you we are really sorry about the way your
    order has been dealt with. If you have already left negative feedback, I
    totally appreciate your reasons for doing this. If you have a current query
    or enquiry as to the status of your order, I would ask that you email us
    again from Monday morning. We have such a backlog of emails I am simply
    going to start a fresh from tomorrow morning. Any outstanding queries will
    be dealt with the same day they are sent, and we have taken on another lady
    to make sure this is done.
    I do request that you please give us the chance to rectify any problems that
    you have had receiving your order, before leaving bad feedback. Our reputation
    has taken a hammering recently, not only because of the errors of one employee,
    but because of the postal strike delaying deliveries too.
    I can only apologise if you have been affected by our fall in standards,
    be that because you were waiting for stock, or simply waiting for a response
    to an email. I promise that any problems you may have with your order will
    be dealt with promptly from now on. Please email with any outstanding problems
    you may have, Thank you .

Regards

Pamela Morrell
    Safety One UK Ltd

xherbivorex
    Free Member

that explains a lot, since i've ordered several pairs of bolle glasses from safety one in the past and never had any problems whatsoever…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Previous satisfied customer here as well

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I've had that e-mail, which explains a lot. I've also had a phone call from the company, and they are in a right old mess. Looks like they've been right royally shafted by their employee. I've been told that he's been arrested by plod, so it looks pretty serious. Anyway, they've sorted me out in fine style, and I've converted my negative feedback to positive.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘A warning about "Safety-One UK Ltd"’ is closed to new replies.