Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A tube is a tube right?
  • postierich
    Free Member

After puncturing 3 times@ Coed Brenin I had to borrow tubes(3) so its half term and I,ve **** all to do and I usually run tubeless (tyre was split).Would it be considered a not a done thing to give them tubes back patched up and not new ones.

Rich

gonefishin
    Free Member

If they were new when they were given to you then no, replace with new. If they had been previously repaired then I’d say it’s okay to repair and return.

wwaswas

unless they’re all covered in the remaining sealant from the tyre what gonefishin said.

neil853
    Free Member

sorry but it would have to be new for me.

MarkN
    Free Member

As above but depends on your mates. Put the shoe on the other foot. If you gave out a new tube and got back some tube with a few patches on it would you be happy? Running tubeless should not mean that you do not carry a spare tube and a tyre patch as well by the sounds of it BTW.

With tubeless you do run the risk of thorns in the tyre quickly puncturing any tube you insert.

Northwind

I’d replace with equivalent new tubes, it’s just the right thing to do even though it doesn’t really make any difference (not sure I own any tubes without patches, maybe some of the DH ones)

Obviously you need some tubes of your own so you don’t have to borrow them off mates anyway 😉

epicyclo

I never use patched tubes anymore.

Replace like with like is the fair thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A tube is a tube right?’ is closed to new replies.