Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A tranquil scene in Hampshire today
  • cinnamon_girl

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ahhhhhh bless. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

wasnt like that in my Hampshire classroom!!

leftyboy
    Free Member

Nice whereabouts?

cinnamon_girl

Apologies for the rubbish pic but swans had already been making a bee-line for me, obviously protecting their young.

It's a chalk stream in Greywell, near Odiham.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

whereabouts?

Why do you want to know……………..are you an asylum seeker ? 😕

I've read about you lot in my Daily Mail……………living the life of riley and eating our swans 😐

British swans belong to the Queen – and no one is allowed to eat them. Except for her.

Don't tell him C_G

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

D'oh ………….too late 🙁

bigsi
    Free Member

Ok so where have you hidden the bike, its not hanging from a branch or propped against a post 😕

Is this a new STW niche for bike photos. Hide it underwater and let other guess what it is 🙄

cinnamon_girl

ernie – you're slowing down 😉

Has anyone actually eaten swan? Or Canadian goose? Or squirrel? Just curious like.

si – my bit of steel was leaning against the bridge. Think yourself lucky cos I nearly took another pic of it in a bluebell wood. 🙄

leftyboy
    Free Member

Just liked the look of the stream 🙂

I have relatives in Stratford-Upon-Avon where there are more than enough swans to go around! 🙂

BTW C_G thanks for the Winchester ride GPX it worked fine in Tracklogs, nice route!

leftyboy
    Free Member

Has anyone actually eaten swan? Or Canadian goose? Or squirrel? Just curious like.

mostly I eat dirt! 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Squirrel tastes OK on a BBQ.

Not as good as Test Valley trout, though…!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Can you stop reminding me just HOW lovely it was where I grew up. I didn't make enough use of it when I had it please stop reminding me. I'm off to sob.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Squirrel tastes OK on a BBQ.

😕 I never had you down as a squirrel eater Flashheart .

I know you said recently that you had become poorer since New Labour had first come to power, but had no idea it was so bad that you were now forced to eat hillbilly food at your BBQs 😐

Do you hunt them yourself ?

rexated
    Free Member

C_G – you need to get your cygnets aligned with the swan, and your lawn needs draining.
    😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ernie, grey squirrels are vermine. May as well eat them if I'm going to shoot them!

😉

jamferg
    Free Member

Flash probably hangs the poor little buggers! harking back to the good ole days… eye for an eye etc ( read Daily Mail for overall reasoning)…talking of which… I hope they have the good grace to not whoop and holler if England get the nod for 2018

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Canada geese are buggers to pluck. i broke one by mistake as a student and thought I would try to cook it. Gave up in the end

cinnamon_girl

😆 at Ernie.

leftyboy – glad the gpx worked. This woman is rubbish at technology.

mikey-simmo – did you grow up there?

Oh, Cap'n, I bought some buffalo burgers produced by Laverstoke Park Estate. Rather nice, got some bacon too but haven't tried it yet. No doubt you are on first-name terms with the owner?

Edit: WCA – did you show the creature your axe? It would have been terrified. 😯

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A tranquil scene in Hampshire today’ is closed to new replies.