Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • A thought about dealing on the classifieds
  • sofaking
    Free Member

what if every time some one buys something of someone they post on that thread to say how pleased(or not) they were with the deal. that way you could do a search for someone you are about to buy /sell with to see how previous deals have gone ?

just a thought

ton

2nded

wwaswas

a nightmare to moderate but there’s nothing stopping people doing it.

this does seem to get suggested everytime there’s a problem with a sale though and then no one gives it any more thought until the next time…

tails
    Free Member

How many times has this been done. ➡

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

What would the mob do when there is nobody to name and shame!?

Gooner
    Free Member

hat about a “sticky” at the top of the for sale section where buyer seller could post comments, perhaps a seperate search engine?

I think a +ve/-ve feedback system would be to difficult to police/manage

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

How about a reputation system. Where people get points for good things that they do?

SSB_UK
    Free Member

On other forums there is a either trader feedback forum, with a thread for each seller, or a trader points system, where you can leave a +1 -1 with comments, assuming you have a deal URL to post at the same time.

iain1775
    Free Member

But I would get fed up with being nice all the time 👿
    Ive never had a problem with the classifieds and there are some top people on here, same cant generally be said for ebay these days!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Maybe people could have a little image that pops up in their profile for good classifieds behaviour – a Chris King Headset halo and some Bombers for being owned with.

ratings are a PITA to manage / moderate I’d imagine

Tiger6791

There’s nothing to stop us doing it within the framework we have got:

When you sell something ask the buyer to post feedback into it.

Then when you sell something again at the bottom of your advert/post provide a link to your previous sale and happy buyer.

By the time you’ve sold 10 things you would have 10 links. Keep them in a notepad file on your desk top for easy reference.

Works in reverse for buyers

Simples!

Here is an example of me and another chap giving some feedback:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-garage-clearout-shimano-fox-hope-etc

valleydaddy; could link back to that thread to show he was indeed a top chap.

thomthumb
    Free Member

it is self policing really.
    only buy from people with long history, only buy from people whose name you know from the bike/ chat forum. don’t buy form people whose history looks like this
    £
    £
    £
    £
    £

Woody
    Free Member

Good idea sofaking and less complicated than separate points systems.

Would it need much moderating? The feedback would be well off the first few pages and wouldn’t be read much so presumably only the seller would need to report stuff to the moderators if he/she felt it was unfair or abusive etc.

wwaswas

only the seller would need to report stuff to the moderators if he/she felt it was unfair or abusive etc.

and how do the moderators decide who’s story is true?

if you want feedback and all that go to ebay is my view.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I sometimes don’t even get an e-mail from someone I have sold stuff to saying the goods have been received. I doubt they are going to bother to come on here and say how the transaction went.

Woody
    Free Member

I’ve got PO receipts going back months because of that 👿

wwaswas

I know what you mean Mark – I’ve responded to several ‘wtd’ ads recently and not even received a ‘thanks but no thanks’ reply.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I always leave a commet on a thread if I’ve had a nice transaction. Sold a wheel to a nice gent off here the other week, who was a delight to deal with, so I left a comment thanking him, on the basis that hopefully next time he buys/sells something, people might trust him as a seller. I think it is a nice idea.

flyingmonkeycorps

Talkphotography forum have quite a nice feedback system a la eBay. Dunno how hard that would be to implement though. It’s a real shame – I don’t post *that* much on here, but I’ve had a few happy transactions both buying and selling – though I try to arrange to meet folk if it’s anything big, if possible.

Naranjada
    Free Member

It’s a good idea but probably difficult to implement and police.

The problem with taking the restrictive standard approach that tomthumb previously suggested, ie

it is self policing really.
    only buy from people with long history, only buy from people whose name you know from the bike/ chat forum. don’t buy form people whose history looks like this
    £
    £
    £
    £
    £

…is that none of that is clearly defined. How long is long enough? How can I tell if I ‘know’ somebody? What’s wrong with buying from people who only sell if you have a good transaction and get the goods you want at the agreed price?

I don’t post much on STW but recently I sold an On-One Il Pompino on here and the buyer went to the trouble of starting a +ve rant thread to say how chuffed he was with the bike and the efforts I made to get it to him in one piece.

Just use care and common sense.

sofaking
    Free Member

As woody said. Don’t need policing as just leave good or back feedback on the thread then people can just search for your name and see how past deals have gone .

thekingofsweden

Your so sensible ‘ sometimes’ good idea

sofaking
    Free Member

i have my moments

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘A thought about dealing on the classifieds’ is closed to new replies.