• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nols.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • a sudden shocking realization about the olympic's….
  • racefaceec90

was just watching point’s west news,as they were showing the olympic torch going to salisbury.nothing untoward so far.but then they were showing past footage of the olympic medal winners.
    [rant] where the hell is daley thompson in the celebrations of the london olympics?
    have not seen hide or hair of the guy since the olympic torch relay (and before that even)
    the guy is a living legend as far as i’m concerned (and he could hand chuck norris’s arse to him also in a fight 😀
    he is one of the greatest olympic medalist’s ever to come from these fair shores [rant over]
    forget idiot’s like beckham e.t.c daley thompson is the true spirit of the games (who’s with me) 😀
    he even had one of the best sports games ever made about him [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AR0e4q1EYM[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What has the poor apostrophe ever done to you, eh?

racefaceec90

😆 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

Edit it quickly so Flashy looks a bit, you know, silly… 😈

Rorschach
    Free Member

I too have had an eppifanny(sic) about the olympics……it’s basically a load of ballox ,that has cost quite a lot of our money,which we could really do with right now.

ahwiles
    Free Member

when i was a nipper, i thought he was ace:

now i’ve grown up a bit, i think he’s even better than that.

convert

One of my wife’s work colleagues used to go out with him during his glory days. I know past GFs are not always the best of character witnesses but she paints him as a cock weasel of the highest order in real life. I also knock about with an ex pro athlete who was an international 400m runner at the time of DT who corroborates what she says.

This does not sit well with my memory of the bloke being a childhood hero but maybe explains why he has pretty much disappeared.

Anyone else drink a lot of Lucozade as a kid because of him?

markfu
    Free Member

I hate to be a pedant, but that game is not DT’s Decathlon, that looks more like Track n Field to me. DT’s Decathlon was made by Ocean, that game is clearly made by Activision.

…. and yes i know, i need to get out more 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hate to be a pedant

A true pedant would criticise your use of “i” instead of “I”.

😉

Don, you were saying? 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Loved him whistling the national anthem even though he got a public bollocking for it.

mokl
    Free Member

That clip is from “Decathlon” by Activision. Broke a few joysticks playing that!

ds1
    Free Member

Daley Thompson tested the torch!

boxfish
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YTB5FZeHQ[/video]

CaptainSlow

Oh yeah!

Up the Irons!

Ahem sorry as you were :?.

DT for PM!

kcr
    Free Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/athletics/the-champion-that-time-forgot-why-do-we-find-it-so-hard-to-love-daley-thompson-876424.html

Interesting comments about his attitude to fans when asked for autographs. He happened to be training when we visited Crystal Palace on a family holiday (late 70s, I think) and happily posed for a photo with my brother, my sister and myself when my dad approached him.

NZCol

I met him in Sydney once, i was sitting in the sun having a coffee with a mate and we both went “Holy fack that’s Daley Thompson”. He came over and had a yarn then signed my notepad. Made my day that did, he is a legend.

Riksbar

Bizarrely, just finished reading this thread, and there he was on the TV, sellng Daz washing powder 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t realise he competed in rythmic gymnastics as well?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Hmmm …. He’s no doubt a great … but he knows it… so maybe not.

That was my impression when I met him a couple of years ago.

nols
    Free Member

I did some design work for a ‘boot camp’ fitness company he’s involved in with 2 former Gladiators, one being Jet. He’s supposed to be alright…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘a sudden shocking realization about the olympic's….’ is closed to new replies.