Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • A short feel-good story.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

So I’m on the phone to my niece in France, she tells me she’s going on a school trip to Germany and asks if I can help with the costs. Whereabouts? I ask. Bochum, she replies. This is where it gets exciting. Shortly after I graduated from the Edinburgh College of Art, my work was included in an international touring exhibition, Germinations. It went to Marseilles, Breda, Bonn and London. I was shortlisted for an award on it. When the show was in Bonn, one of my large paintings, Lovers on a Bicycle, was bought by the Art Museum in Bochum.

My niece had had a tough life with my bipolar sister for a mother and no idea who her father is. My sister is a painter too, which adds another level of insecurity into their lives.

Laurie was ecstatic and can’t wait to ask her teacher if she can visit, she thinks the museum was already on their itinerary. The painting may well be in a cupboard somewhere, but it made us both really happy.

SaxonRider

Not much to say to that, other than nice coincidence and good story!

kimbers

that is actually a cool story, bro

do you have a pic of your pic?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

willard

I like, but feel that using a 650b as the subject would really have brought it alive.

jamj1974

So let me get this straight…

– You make ace sheds
    – You have a really stunning house
    – You come across a a really nice guy
    – You can paint as well

You git!

🙂

kcal

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s a load of Pollocks.

Or at least partially influenced by him. 😉

Pook

Logos don’t line up

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pete do you only provide funding for neice’s trips to certain parts of Geormany?

😉 😛

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Al, I promised I’d take her to California this summer. She’ll be fourteen then, probably the last chance to take her before she’s too hip to be seen with her uncle.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I doubt it…I’d go with any uncle on a free ticket to California 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d go with any uncle on a free ticket to California

cynic-al
    Free Member

CFH I’d keep your youth offline mate 😉

theotherjonv

Is he wearing knee warmers but no arm warmers? Rule 82 contravention; ask her to take some brushes and SORT IT OUT!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

😯 packs paints and brushes in her sandwich box.

crankboy
    Free Member

Genuinely good picture and nice story . git . How is the gatepost saga going?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

nice story…and nice painting as well

scaled
    Free Member

A school trip to Bochum?

The poor bastards.

The hotel across from the station does MASSIVE steaks though.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Crankboy, rather than waste our energy with the bus company, we rebuilt it ourselves. It’s all nicely pointed now.

Damage and repair pics here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113038090087066024057/GatePostDamage

theotherjonv

I’ve just seen the picture on a proper screen as opposed to a small mobile device. It’s really good (i don’t mean that to sound surprised)

However, in ‘full size’ and able to make out proper detail, I can now see the expressions on their faces, and I’m not sure they’re just lovers on a bicycle, i think there’s more going on than that.

Dirty McMoonter – grrr, in your bed!

lilchris
    Free Member

I’m not sure they’re just lovers on a bicycle, i think there’s more going on than that.

She was clearly ensnared by those massive cables 🙂

I like!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Yesterday I got an email from a collector with a couple of titles of paintings she had she required updated insurance quotes for.
    Titles have never been a big thing for me, so many of my paintings share the same title.
    I asked her to send me some pictures of the paintings. Here they are. They blew me away. I painted them for an exhibition at the Eva Cohon Gallery in Chicago. I had two simultaneous shows with her. One in the downtown gallery, the other in Highland Park.

They are still in Chicago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘A short feel-good story.’ is closed to new replies.