Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • A rainy night in Rossendale…………..DX light pics content
  • montylikesbeer

Got home last night and decided to have a hack out for a few hours which ended up more like three.

The new bike just feels better and better, also a chance to get to grips with the DX light and post some pics.

The pics show the flood and limited spot of the little bu££er, it worked much better than a thought, though the low cloud and clagg diffused it a lot.

ton

monty, slight hijack………
    i was thinking about getting a five…….
    but worried about being so heavy and it being suitable.
    now you (if you dont mind me saying) are a big bloke, and again if you do not mind me asking….how much do you weigh…. 8)

therevokid
    Free Member

monty – is that the bike specific one ? SKU 25149 ? Is the image
    low or high output setting ?

montylikesbeer

I am 17.5 stone wet through, with attempts to get a little thinner.

It rides amazingly well, so much better than my old Wolf Ridge.

In fact I am riding stuff in middle ring last only a few weeks ago was only for the granny.

I am surprised a bike can make so much difference to your confidence and enable much more to be done.

Therevokid: Its the bike specific one, and works a treat

Its a fantastic machine.

ton

what shock and fork are you running on it mate..

montylikesbeer

The float 32R 140 mm on the front with the '09 RP23 on the back.

Its the '10 frame with the performance back and "custom" paint.

The image is low setting

hora
    Free Member
    montylikesbeer

Yep sure is.

I placed my order about a month ago and the light took 12 days to arrive.

Since then I have ordered another for a pal which has is now into its 16th day and no sign as yet.

From comments on the DX site and on here they may have had a large influx of orders and have back orders on suppliers.

Its a good light and works well.

hora
    Free Member

I think these are going to be my first ever nightlights 😀

montylikesbeer

With the exception of my soon to come trout light and the gaggle of big name brands these little lights are superb value for money.

Since the improvements of the MK1 (shoddy build, swarf etc) I think they are hard to beat.

Mind you after sales support is going to be poor at best, but you pays your money………………

CountZero

Continually impressed with my DX; for the money, it's incredible. Fifty squids would barely buy you a reasonably bright commute light, certainly not a proper off-road capable light. Really looking forward to the Troutlight, though. 😀

bonesetter
    Free Member

there's no getting around it for the money it is good. There is a thread going on mtbr which calls build quality into question though.

I think it's fair to say from the pics we've seen already the trout light should be alot better in that respect. But hey, it is 4X the money

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A rainy night in Rossendale…………..DX light pics content’ is closed to new replies.