Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A quick question on 29er tyre pressure
  • stayhigh

Morning All

I’m currently running Hope/Arch wheels with tubed Bonty ACX 2.2/MudX 2 on my HT at ~ 30psi. I’m 13st and my local trails are North Downs, clay, flint and chalk although to be honest its currently mostly swamp lol

Whats the general rule of thumb when it come to tyre pressure for 29ers, would it be more or less then a 26er or no different at all?

asterix
    Free Member

OwenP

I’m not aware of any need to change pressures between wheel sizes – unless anyone knows better?

I set my tyre pressures based on which tyre and the type of riding i’m doing. I have some 29er Bonty Mud x 2.0’s and was running them around the 30psi mark (i’m also around your weight and similar part of the country).

I think sometimes i would have liked to run them a little softer, but it is quite a small volume & light-ish tyre and i had problems with pinch flats when i tried lower pressures (tubeless might be better).

Same rules as for 26″ tyres for me then.

stayhigh

Thats cool, I hadnt thought about it before until reading something in another thread about bigger wheels and higher pressure which got me a thinking.

Dangerous business that…

Bazz

Same pressures as 26″ here, which for me is 30-35psi normally, right down to 20psi for snow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A quick question on 29er tyre pressure’ is closed to new replies.