Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • A quick opinion poll/survey thingy….
  • DrP

When looking at this logo – what do you think it ‘spells/says’?

i.e how do the blocks read to you?
    (Try not to be influenced by the previous replies)

Ta muchly!

DrP

stumpy01

CSA – Basics….

lodious
    Free Member

CSA Basics

ThePinkster

Yep, CSA – Basics for me too.

Cougar

I suppose it could be read as SCA but yeah, I initially read it as CSA too.

samuri
    Free Member

CSA basics

but because I’m a bloke, I wanted to see ‘SAC’

richmtb

Yep read it as CSA too.

Is there a prize?

DrP

The prize is the eternal warmth and glowy feeling you (probably) get in the cockles of your heart, knowing you’ve helped a (fairly) decent human being help others…

Plus you’ll all have a new carbon Di2 road bike waiting for you when you get back from work….

Cheers all!

DrP

righog
    Free Member

CSA Basics…For Me.

klumpy
    Free Member

Scab asics.
    (Running shoes that make your feet bleed..?)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CSA basics

mrben100
    Free Member

For fear of looking stupid, my immediate reading of it was SCA basics…………..but that probably says more about me thatn the logo to be honest.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

SCA Basics

sharkbait
    Free Member

CSA Basics

Is it supposed to look very childish?

DrP

^^
    Yes, it is…like ‘ABC’ building blocks…
    Might even add in a bit of primary colour too..

DrP

midlifecrashes

I’d read it as probably CSA Basics, but can’t be sure, and find it really annoying that someone would make it deliberately ambiguous. They would still be kids building blocks if they were arranged in a line.

thepurist

SCA-Basics was my first interpretation, with a possibility of CSA. Does that mean no carbon road bike for me? 🙁

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I read it initially as SCA (reading left to right) )but then immediately thought it could be CSA (top to bottom, left to right).

It’s the sort of logo that works when the letter sequence is obvious “ABC or XYZ child care” for instance but otherwise it’s ambiguous. I would avoid it.

DezB
    Free Member

Is it Banana Carrot?

Cougar

If you’re designing it, how about carrying the building block theme through the word “Basics”? It just seems bolted on at the minute, and a readable word in the same format would help parse the first bit correctly.

Maybe.

wwaswas

the ‘basics’ doesn’t follow the perspective line of the bricks and looks a bit bolted on.

MrsToast will be along to add some rainbows and teddy bears to brighten it up for you.

DrP

The text under the stack makes it read top-bottom more naturally…
    I really like the idea of the stack, as it’s meant to be like building/ABC blocks…

The linear one does read easier, but isn’t in to form I’d like…

DrP

SaxonRider

CSA Basics here.

Reading down, and left to right, is what we Westerners do!

sharkbait
    Free Member

it’s meant to be like building/ABC blocks…

In a line is less ambiguous but you could have each block at a different angles to make it seem more ‘childish’ (marginally corny though).

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The text under the stack makes it read top-bottom more naturally…

It does, and if you’re determined to go with the stack that seems like good compromise, although either ditch the .co.uk or pull it to the same angle as the rest.

Also I would vary the angle of them slightly rather than having them uniform. No more than 5 degrees but just enough to make them look stacked by a child’s hand.

[edit] What sharkbait said.

camo16
    Free Member

CSA Basics for me, so I’ll take the road bike in green please, size large.

I’d purge that hyphen from the logo. Looks weird, whether the Basics is on the side or down below.

Just a thought.

DrP

The hyphen is in the web address though….

(BTW – It’s not me ”making these’ – wood, metal, and flesh is more my preferred medium! I’ve got an arty mate on it!)

Will play about with angulating the blocks a bit, and trying red/yellow/green block styles…

Cheers for the input 🙂

DrP

ski
    Free Member

Also I would vary the angle of them slightly rather than having them uniform. No more than 5 degrees but just enough to make them look stacked by a child’s hand.

Neat idea, wonder how that would look with ‘CSA’ in a normal type font and ‘basic’ in blocks, angled slightly as mentioned above?

[edit] they all read CSA Basic to me btw.

camo16
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter if the hyphen’s in the web address unless you’re dead set on using the logo as a definite illustration of your domain name.

I’d rather have CSA Basics as the logo, with ‘www.csa-basics.co.uk’ beneath somewhere, than have a web address logo… personal choice, but cleaner and nicer IMO – especially if it’s for a junior audience.

kimbers

child support agency was my 1st thought

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d rather have CSA Basics as the logo, with ‘www.csa-basics.co.uk’ beneath somewhere, than have a web address logo… personal choice, but cleaner and nicer IMO – especially if it’s for a junior audience.

This, definitely.

Cougar

Top row of blocks, C S A
    Bottom row of blocks, – B A S I C S

DrP

..especially if it’s for a junior audience…

It’s not.
    It’s for trainee doctors! But the concept is that the components being taught are at a fundamental/basic level (a lot of the audience struggle with English as it’s not their first language)

A book on the market:

has a similar approach…

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

I didn’t know Canada had a Space Agency until this thread!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

What kimbers said. And in my mind they have some baggage to sort out.

kayak23

CSA Basics

scotroutes

I read it as CSA and a quick googling indicates that the commonest layout is to have the letter A as the top block, then B and C below, thusly

sharkbait
    Free Member

TBH the blocks at the moment look like a dodgy logo for a painter & decorator. To make them look like kids building blocks then they need the letter on each side of the block as in SR image above

How about writing/drawing on a tablet screen?

edit: SR just beat me to it!!

DrP

TBH the blocks at the moment look like a dodgy logo for a painter & decorator. To make them look like kids building blocks then they need the letter on each side of the block as below

Good point – I’ll feed this back to my buddy!
    His payment in beer and chips is going to be incredible…!

DrP

Bimbler
    Free Member

SCA Basics

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘A quick opinion poll/survey thingy….’ is closed to new replies.