Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A question regarding postal insurance
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Is it the sender’s or recipient’s responsibility to claim for an item lost in the post?

If the sender did not have enough insurance to cover the value of the item what happens then?

FWIW, the carrier is RM and the item was paid for using PP Gift

cynic-al
    Free Member

sender – only he/she has the contract with RM.

Underinsured – zero payout.

Spill the beans then, did you **** up or someone else? 😀

maccruiskeen

It’s the seller’s / senders responsibility to see you right whether they were adequately insured or not. However I’ve been able to claim through rm as a recipient using the senders proof of postage.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I’m the recipient

druidh
    Free Member

We have to do this again?

If you’ve paid for goods (regardless of whether or not it was Paypal “gift”) then it is the sellers responsibility to get them to you or provide a full refund.

End.Of.

trail_rat
    Free Member

only thing to add to that is – its between you and the seller if you have used paypal gift

you have no comeback on anyone other than the seller and if hes not playing ball your screwed

another reason not to PPG

theotherjonv

If the price paid includes delivery, then it’s the seller’s responsibility to sort it out. If that means refunding you while they sort it out from RM, so be it.

Word of warning to all – even with Proof of Postage, RM can be bloody awkward with this. Their maximum compensation for standard services is iirc about £39. I sent a parcel below this value, it ‘never arrived’ (still not sure i trust the recipient on that point) but i refunded him the £15 or so he’d paid me and took it up with the RM. The max they were willing to refund me was the amount of the postage as I ‘had no proof that the parcel was worth what i said it was’

[edit – despite providing photos, links to the classified ad that arranged the sale and emails confirming the negotiated price]

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

This is similar to the problem I have – the parcel was sent standard mail but the seller has no valuation receipt so RM are offering a book of stamps as compensation even though I paid over £100 for the item

theotherjonv

His problem for being too tight to pay for a traceable delivery. Even worse when the value is beyond the max compensation – I thought I was OK, now i only use std post if I’m willing to gamble on losing the value.

He should refund and take it up with them, it’s not your problem. If he’s a **** about it, small claims him.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A question regarding postal insurance’ is closed to new replies.