Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A question for those who've had Reverbs serviced / rebuilt under warranty.
  • giantonagiant

Overall, 8 months into Reverb use, I’m very happy, not done anything other than the minimum servicing post ride and all was well.

However…. the return rate seems to be getting slower (even when on max on button).

LBS 1 reckons that a bleed will sort it out.

LBS 2 reckons that it’s prob worth sending it back for a warranty rebuild / service as it’s also got a tiny bit of side to side and front to back play (which LBS 1 said was par for the course after 10 months and nowt to worry about).

So…. my question is whether or not it’s worth sending it back for a service / /rebuild under warranty or do I just bleed it? What I don’t want to happen is that it comes back not working as well as it has been (having heard some Reverb horror stories!)!!!

Or am I just over thinking this?

Reverb users, your thoughts / experiences please.

Thanks.

Edit: And how long have you typically had to wait to get it back. Ta.

easygirl

Bleed it, if it solves it , happy days
    If not return for warranty 😐

giantonagiant

EG, I had thought that, but it sounds like there are parts that have been redsigned to minimise play (not that this bothers me) and more importantly I’ll prob be off the bike for the next 2 months or so, so it seems like a good chance to send it away. That and I don’t have a bleed kit for it (I think).

Pauly

Should have come with a bleed kit in the box.

Mine has a tiny bit of side to side play, but it’s never got any worse. Virtually nothing compared to my old Joplin.

giantonagiant

Anyone actually had one done?!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Mine blew the air seals, it came back fixed. Took about a month as it went from me to shop to distributor to shop to me.

roddi18
    Free Member

Mine blew an air seal too after a couple of weeks so i phoned fishers directly and they said that so long as i included my receipt with the post, i could send it back to them through any bike shop. Mine was back to me in under a week and had no more probs since but i don’t use mine on every ride as i still don’t think they are tough enough to be ridden hard 3-4 times a week.

mildred

Mine has a bit of side to side / fore and aft wobble – again as said above, nowhere near as bad as my old Joplins, but i think this is par for the course.

With mine, a bleed solved the slow return.

hartcliffeburner

Mine works great, when it’s working and it hasn’t needed
    a bleed even after shortening the hose. However it has blown
    twice, the first time it came back and felt exactly the same as new, which wasn’t bad
    but there was a slight side to side play, when it went for a second time fishers to
    their credit had it back to me in under a week, the post now feels a lot firmer
    with no side to side play at all, I’m hoping this is down to slightly modified internals
    and it doesn’t blow again.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Mine was losing something that meant there was a play in the initial shaft movement. Fisher said to send it back which I did via my LBS. It came back in about a week and in addition to having been fixed, they also replaced the hose with the updated hardware that gives better connections at either end of the hose.

I thought that was pretty good service.

One thing I did learn (yet again) is how much less I enjoy riding the bike without the dropper post! I can’t ever imagine not having one now.

johnhe

Off the bike for 2 months?? Can you not pick up a 2nd hand or a cheap £25 seatpost which will allow you to keep riding while your seatpost of off the bike?

whiter74
    Free Member

Just dropped mine back into evanscycles today under warranty request, hose broken off the seatpost barb. mk1 version which has the crap original rubber cover (not the new metal one).

Will keep you posted on how they and fisher/sram deal with it.

whiter74
    Free Member

So had a call yesterday from Evans , SRAM has repaired the seat post already and free of charge. Picking up Monday / tuesday. Happy with that 🙂

dougieb
    Free Member

Do you need the receipt ? Looks like mine needs some warranty work but I don’t have the receipt – Is that me hosed.

** Edit ** – Opps hadn’t realised this thread is 1 year old

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A question for those who've had Reverbs serviced / rebuilt under warranty.’ is closed to new replies.