Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • A question about yoof…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

When you see some of the younger members of our great society wearing trousers below their arse cheeks, how the hell do they stay up??!

Cougar

Magnets.

molgrips
    Free Member

They often don’t. Walk behind one for a while you will see some comedy hitching up moments 🙂

grahamh
    Free Member

Would they do it, if they knew the original meaning of wearing their trousers like that?

Cougar

… which is? Somewhere to park your bike?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think there’s an inner loop of fabric that they wrap round their scrotums to limit the amount of slippage.

loddrik
    Free Member

I wonder if they pull them up when downhilling….

molgrips
    Free Member

Would they do it, if they knew the original meaning of wearing their trousers like that?

I think they do it BECAUSE of the original meaning.

enfht
    Free Member

Funniest when running for buses

rondo101
    Free Member

… which is? Somewhere to park your bike?

it originates from prison, where belts were removed to ensure inmates wouldn’t hang themselves.

These days it’s just pure ghetto blud, yeh get meh.

Cougar

Ah, right.

I assumed it was cos young ladies like getting their arses out.

More seriously, it’s fashionable, that’s why. Same reason people wore flares in the 70’s.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Cock pushups

project
    Free Member

Looks cool, unfortunately im a bit to old, to follow suit.

grahamh
    Free Member

… which is?

It come from the US prisons, where inmates would use it as a avert, that they where available for sex.

R.lepecha

being a yoof myself. i hate the bloody idea. its done by straping a belt down tight to your legs it restricts blood flow and movement. i will never buy a pair of jeans like that. its bloody silly.

bassspine
    Free Member

I thought it meant that your big brother/father was in prison so don’t mess he’ll get you when he gets out

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I remember when that trend first started, circa 1992.

It was the era of ‘tech’ skateboarding, small wheels and massive jeans.
    I remember New Deal used to make some that would comfortably fit one person in each leg!

It looked ridiculous of course and yes, I was guilty of this through most of the 90’s.

However, you can sort of understand it with baggy jeans, often a waist size or two too large for you. I just don’t get why people are doing the same with skinny jeans, it really does look stupendous, particularly when coupled with one of those beanies that hangs off the back of your head like a condom on a flaccid cock.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

+1 bravehotel9er

OT – Found a full length version of Da Deal Iz Dead on youtube… tech wizardry with baggypant wonderment.

fadda

It just looks like they’ve soiled themselves, to me.

But I am quite old…

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t tend to stare at childrens arses

thomthumb
    Free Member

back in my day…

philconsequence
    Free Member

+2 bravehotel9er

spliffy jeans anyone?

garry glitter would have a heart attack if he came back to england today… kids walking around with the trousers hanging below their ars3s, both hands down the front teasing the general public.

RustySpanner

But ‘da yoot’ has always used the trouser as a weapon of shock and awe 🙂

Zoot Suits, Oxford Bags, The ‘Lionel’, Ultra Baggies, drainpipes, drapes, perfectly good jeans ruined by having bits of material sewn into the bottom of each leg etc…….

I’d guess most parents of the ‘arris out’ brigade wore baggies in the eighties, so the ultra tight look is designed, and succeeds in annoying the oldies.

Much like the tartan bondage pants favoured by myself as a youth sent my dad purple with rage – job done. 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

It was the era of ‘tech’ skateboarding, small wheels and massive jeans.
    I remember New Deal used to make some that would comfortably fit one person in each leg!

In the group I skated with, having “skin tight” (i.e. something less baggy than MC hammer style trousers) was a guaranteed piss taking for you.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I wear my trousers like that, but only because my belly pushes them down…

toab
    Free Member

try this for a fun game:

if you and a friend are walking along and overtake someone with the aforementioned type of trouser (not difficult as they usually can’t walk too fast) try saying the words “skid mark” just after you’ve passed – never seen a bunch of lads pull their trousers up quicker

ocrider

In the group I skated with, having “skin tight” (i.e. something less baggy than MC hammer style trousers) was a guaranteed piss taking for you.

I had a pair of Droors with a 34 waist. Skinny jeans according to some of my group 😯
    They were the same tits that had 38mm wheels when I was riding 45’s

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

sub 40mm, one **** up and your flat spotted. Magic.

McHamish
    Free Member

A snowboarding mate of mine bought some new boarding trousers from a shop in Canada…they had a special inner section that allowed the rest of the rest of the trousers to hang around his knees.

The guy in the shop said “those pants will give you maximum gangster steez man”…although he spoke to us normally after that as I think he realised we were 30+ and not as cool as him.

My mate still looks like a clown wearing those trousers.

Living in London village means I see some wierd fashions, and quite frankly I’d prefer to wear hanging trousers than some of the outfits the trendy types in London wear – skinny trousers, pointy white shoes, and a cardigan they must have borrowed off the grandfather.

I was at the London Transport Museum once and Vivienne Westwood was doing some promotional thing there at the same time…her ‘groupies’ wore some freaky sh!t.

DezB
    Free Member

I was at a rap gig the other week and some of the baggy bum, drainpipe legs ones look really f-in stupid, I must say.

derek_starship
    Free Member

They wear hover pants which are self regulating.

Keva
    Free Member

quite a few years ago in pub having a few pints with a couple of mates. Two skinny kids walk in wearing jeans halfway down their ar$es… one of my mates says ‘this stoopid fashion really winds me up, I’ve had enough…’ gets up,walks over to skinny kid who is waiting at the bar to get served and yanks his jeans down to his ankles ! absolutely hilarious, kid tries to look a bit ‘ard and defend himself which is pretty tricky with his jeans round his feet, his mate burst out laughing, we burst out laughing, barman bursts out laughing, other in pub burst out laughing… my mate returns to our table and carries on drinking, one very embarassed youf.

That’s Entertainment.

Kev

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well you could say it is sexual harassment too.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I wear my trousers up to my chest. I am uber cool, evidently.

DezB
    Free Member

Well you could say it is sexual harassment too.

Only if he touched his bum

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well if you walked up to a woman and pulled her trousers down would that not be sexual harassment?

Serious question – not trying to be obtuse…

DezB
    Free Member

Probably not, if she already had her pants showing (like what they do).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Right, I’m taking myself down to a bar tonight with my best pant-pulling gloves on….

bluebird
    Free Member

I thought it came from hand me down clothing, as in your big brother’s pants are too big for you. But I could be wrong.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘A question about yoof…’ is closed to new replies.