Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • A public thank you to Mr iDave
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Having read most of the threads over the last few months re the iDave eating plan, and to be honest dismissing them as another fad, last Weds I decided to try it for a week. After al,l what harm could it do to try it for 7 days?

Well, 7 days later and I am 6lbs lighter!

I have stuck to the plan to the letter, no carbs at all, only water or black coffee to drink (I don’t drink alcohol anyway) and lots of reipes based around eggs, lean meat, beans and pulses.

I have trained the same as normal, 15 miles per day commute then 2 long rides at the week end. I felt a bit lethargic the first two days but after that just as normal. The road training rides (70 miles) weren’t a problem at all, in fact on Sun I felt really lively.

So iDave I thank you. And as I only wanted to lose 10lbs in the first place I might well carry on for another week or two!

BB

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Ps. For the benefit of DD no money has changed hands in the writing of this public thank you note! 🙂

BB

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Grrr.

Cheques in the post…Shirley 🙂

Well done that man.

molgrips
    Free Member

no white carbs at all

FTFY. Not a low carb diet. You’ve been eating carbs in the beans and pulses.

But well done, and do keep going 🙂

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Apologies, I meant no carbs that are on the “banned” list.

BB

iDave
    Free Member

Well done, maybe now you can help me transfer $15m from my uncle in Africa?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve lost 5kg but I’ve been having tiny bits of banned carbs here and there. It’s really hard if I don’t ride, because if I do I can have sweet stuff.. Good motiviation to ride 🙂

I’ll see if I get stuck, if I do I’ll have to mtfu and follow it more strictly.

postierich
    Free Member

What no beans and toast!!!!!!**** that 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ll have to mtfu

Now, now, let’s not push things too far.

My belly was bouncing off my thighs yesterday evening when I went onto the drop bars. Time to worry methinks.

sobriety
    Free Member

Can someone mail me the idave diet plan please, email is in profile 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

What no beans and toast!!!!!!**** that

Are you from the 70s? I thought that went out with Smash.

Farticus

To save me for trawling through all the “iDave Diet” forum entries the search will throw up, does anyone have the link(s) to the diet details that they can post here?

iDave
    Free Member

Gimme a couple of hours, I’ll send it out

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

I’d be interested in taking a look at this too 🙂

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

So has anyone found a decent recipe book that works for this? Having scanned a bunch of the low carb books on Amazon a lot seem to include rather a lot of “banned” substances such as rice, cream, cheese (of a non cottage variety) and fruit.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Me too please iDave, thanks!

alfabus
    Free Member

can you send me a copy too… i’m about 6kg over my ‘ideal’ weight and I eat far too much pasta 🙂

cheers,
    Dave

molgrips
    Free Member

BC – you have to be creative and also look for things from traditional menus that co-incidentally are comliant. Like dahl, for instance. Also you can often simply omit the things that are out.

Like white chilli for instance – some recipes call for cheese, some don’t.

You could also read ‘the Four Hour Body’ – interesting if annoying, and he allows some things that iDave does not…

soobalias
    Free Member

sounds like alfabus is expecting magic beans.

molgrips – i did wonder how you would get on playing the, “its ok to grab the sweeties so long as i ride” approach

molgrips
    Free Member

It is ok to grab sweeties (or rather, carbs) for riding. Essential in fact I reckon.

The role of insulin is different before, during and after exercise than it is at rest.

freeridenick
    Free Member

iDave

could you pop one over to me as well. mail in profile..
    cheers
    Nick

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

So how is it going MG? Is the plan working but just a bit slower because you are not fully converted over?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can you mail me this magic plan, after trying the eat less ride more approach since January, whilst I’m fitter, the scales (backed up by the mirror and the misus) still say there’s 20kg of blubber being lugged up each hill that I could do without!

molgrips
    Free Member

Quite possibly.

I think my biggest issue is snacking on nuts during the day tbh. I plateaued for a week, then held abck on the nuts and lost another kg.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hmm.. I’m coming to think I might be able to shift a % or 2 if fat…

soobalias
    Free Member

sorry molgrips,

the way i see it you are (only) cheating (yourself)….. your results seem to agree with me as well.

soobalias
    Free Member

you have let us all down, but more importantly you have let yourself down

(always wanted to say that)

molgrips
    Free Member

Which bit is cheating?

And I’m not cheating myself if I fully accept what I am doing? You seem to misunderstand my attitude here.

Reducing insulin levels allows weight loss. I’m not quite reducing as much as I could but I understand that and am happy with it. No issue.

The thing about carbs when riding is NOT a cheat, it’s part of the diet.

FuzzyWuzzy

It does sound like a well-rounded plan but lets be honest it’s not rocket science that eating rabbit food and avoiding cakes (+ anything else that tastes good) is going to lead to weight loss. People that stick to it should congratulate yourself more than anyone, it’s you putting the willpower into it. I think I’d rather they need a fork-lift to haul my corpse out + bury me in a shipping container than forego a lot of the stuff required to stick to the diet though…

iDave
    Free Member

rabbit food

You have no clue about it have you Fuzzy?

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a rabbit eating steak, salmon, chorizo etc. 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

FW it’s not what you think.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m sure the protein sources can be quite appetising, all the posts I keep reading about pulses and stuff makes me shiver though :p

oopnorth
    Free Member

you have to be creative and also look for things from traditional menus that co-incidentally are comliant. Like dahl, for instance.

I’m glad dahl is an option, as i’m in India currently! I must avoid the Ghee though! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I should point out that ghee is in the Four Hour Body diet, if not iDave.

FW – I’m eating dahl, chilli and meat and veg, basically, with eggs and bacon for breakfast. Not that bad, but then I love chilli and dahl.

I won’t be on it forever, but I can keep it up for a while I think.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Sounds India friendly then!!! 😀

andy7t2
    Free Member

hi idave

could i have a copy of the diet

andyh72@live.co.uk

Cheers

cb

Could I have it as well please? I’d quite like to see my feet again at some stage…

EDIT – just seen the other thread!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

quinoa? in or out?

what can I do for breakfast that’s quick and does not involve eggs?

thanks

molgrips
    Free Member

You can have anything you like for breakfast as long as it’s on the list.

Steak and asparagus if you like.

Raindog
    Free Member

*cough* email in profile please iDave *cough*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘A public thank you to Mr iDave’ is closed to new replies.