Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • A public apology
  • Carpediem
    Free Member

Yesterday, I drove for 45 mins and rode ‘The Gap’ at Brecon with mates.Stunning Day too.Today I’ll drive for 40 mins or so and hit Cwmcarn.

Normally I cycle to Afan, its so close.

So this is a public apology to all you city boys for me living so close to so many stunning biking destinations 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

So close you have to drive a minimum of 40 minutes to ride 🙂

flip
    Free Member

Gosh ‘Pay attention to me!!!’

🙄

thepodge
    Free Member

sorry for living 2 miles from the peak district national park and 1 mile from Wharncliffe and in a city… if we’re playing that game

Carpediem
    Free Member

C’mon, you can do better than that.

😉

Carpediem
    Free Member

Good game, this . . .

tomaso
    Free Member

Oh why not go further and tell us what a big nob you’ve got?

Enjoy the trails. :mrgreen:

crazy-legs

No need to apologise for living in Port Talbot. If anything you should be asking for our sympathy. 😉

40 mins to drive to a trail centre. 🙄
    You could be over in Rhondda or Caerphily in less time for some far better trails…

TooTall
    Free Member

h why not go further and tell us what a big nob you’ve got?

I’ve worked that out already.

trailmonkey

The Gap’s rubbish. Who would be jealous of that.

As for trail centres, if that’s all you’ve got they’re ok………….

foxyrider
    Free Member

I’ll bite 😉

I live 5 min ride from the foothills of Dartmoor – dont need to drive 😉 More to life than trail centres!

tk46hal
    Free Member

I open my front door, get on my bike and ride straight into the beautiful Yorkshire countryside! No car for me!
    Maybe I’m the one who should apologies. 😀

cheez0
    Free Member

OP, I expect you’re close to Bell End too?

Carpediem
    Free Member
    tk46hal
    Free Member

😆

ampthill

I’m only 7 miles from the nearest Halfords!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

well, er, i live in morzine, and am moving to a wee village near bourg st maurice (les arcs, la plagne, bikevillage/trail addiction territory) in just over 2 weeks…

now, what do i win?

Carpediem
    Free Member

hungry monkey – You win everything 😉
    Halfords voucher on it’s way.

disben

I live in London, but have nice trails within 5 minutes and the chilterns within 15 mins (by bike – dont drive to rides normally). We also have Swinley within 45 mins (by car if need be). And although not Dartmoor or the lakes we have this within 10 mins – http://vimeo.com/23020453

mogrim

Nice trail centre, but living that close to Port Talbot makes you the loser on this thread!

Me: 5min ride out of the housing estate to the trails, with the whole of the Sierra de Guadarrama to play in.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Port talbot’s not the best place,I agree.

However it is surrounded by hills and mountains.

There’s so much other stuff up there,so it’s not too bad a base.

molgrips
    Free Member

My mate IanB can see the Gap from his house, and ride there. No driving required. I can ride to Cwmcarn from my house off-road, no driving required there either. AND I live in a city!

HTH.

rideallday77
    Free Member

You have over looked Edinburgh. And possibly Bristol.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m a city boy and don’t have to drive 45 minutes to find some trails (although I’m less than that to Glentress). I do most of my mountain biking straight from the house. This was taken this morning and is about 3 miles from my door:

Carpediem
    Free Member

gonetothehills
    Free Member

<bites> I genuinely can’t recall the last time I used the car to ride my mountain bike. 40 mins drive? You have my sympathies. In that time I’m at the top of the forest, having earnt the downhills to come. 🙂

tartanscarf

I did the Devils Staircase from the house last Monday, the Ciaran Path is just round the corner too, plus of course the secret Lochan trails 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

1 min of tarmac and I’m on the South Downs!

Carpediem
    Free Member

I’ll re-phrase: Im between two great spots in Brecon and cwmcarn, and I appreciate the fact im not in a concrete jungle.

My local trails are 3 streets away.2 mins and Im in the woods.

Waderider
    Free Member

I am laughing at the OP thinking he lives in an optimum area for mountain biking.

However I am glad you like were you are……

aracer
    Free Member

40 minutes drive? Trails 1 or 2 miles away? Lunchtime at work I ride out of the gate straight onto tracks on Malvern Common – can get to the top of the Malverns and back in my lunch break with less than 50m on tarmac.

Moe

2 minute ride to edge of Thetford forest and then endless miles of sweet singletrack.

muppet4
    Free Member

I win – 200yards onto the bank of the welland in the fens, 18 miles to the next “slight” gradient and a view of 20 miles in any direction.

Oh wait – i dont win at all.
    Think yourself lucky all of you 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

How about a public apology for such a silly thread?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I vary rarely get in the car to go biking, even if it means a few miles on the road. If I had to get in the car every weekend, I’m not sure I’d go

BigJohn

So how many days are you seizeing this weekend Carpe?

Carpediem
    Free Member

Ah the old ones are the best.

3 out of interest.

juiced
    Free Member

i’m a city boy and have wales 2hours away. Swinley close by and chicksands 1 hour away!not to mention aston hill, loads of local stuff, surrey hills, etc etc…. And then there’s the 6 or so skateparks and 4 bmx’s tracks 😉

And by city i mean centre of the capital!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

wow, I’m glad I don’t ride my bike with you lot. it sounds too **** organised.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘A public apology’ is closed to new replies.