Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A proud day
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

Today I am as proud as can be. Took my boys for their first offroad “adventure”

Pausing after the first “climb”

Then a quick breather after A “seat of the pants” decent. No laughing at the £10 bike please!

Sitting and letting the world go by after lunch at a pub before heading home.

Does it get any better than this?

Kuco

Look like a loverly day out 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Cool, nice one. They’ll (and you will) remember days like that.

sc-xc

You are very lucky to have such great scenery, looks like a perfect day. Did they enjoy it?

RealMan
    Free Member

Are they better then you yet?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

They loved every minute of it!

@ realman: Wont be long till they are! Was teaching the older one to bunnyhop on Friday night! Not getting off the ground but the timing and strength will come and them im doomed!

RealMan
    Free Member

😀

stoney
    Free Member

I kinda know how you feel….This was the first time my 2 eldest ones went up Whinlatter Blue in 09…..

And mincing some steps…. 😉

😛

EDIT and yes i realise i`ve just posted them the wrong way round…. 🙄

flip
    Free Member

Ace 😀 looks great, my son is 9 and he’s done 3-4 races, i’m taking him to race the Midlands xc at Cannock tomorrow, i’ll be there shouting like a crazy competitive Dad 😐

juiced
    Free Member

that’s great. you are very lucky.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

5 and 8 they are. Have promised to take the older one on a “blue” sometime soon. Can’t wait!

stoney
    Free Member

Mine were 8 n 6 when those shoys were taken…..

Timmo
    Free Member

is such a great feelinbg riding with your kids! my oldest is 4 1/2 and comes out on the tag along quite a bit (school run daily), i love it, her chattering away behind me!
    were off to do the coast to coast today, although down here its only 11 miles between the two and is pretty much flat, is still a nice lil ride through the mining heritage!

she was brave enough and confident enough to ride her 20″ wheel bike to school during the week, (the big pedal at the mo and her schools doing really well!) she’s just getting into the size where its ridable without being a bit too big, she did so well, very proud moment for me!!

takisawa2

OP, Cant help thinking your eldest looks like King Canute in the last pic… 🙂

Where do you live, because it looks ace…

We had a day at the beach yesterday, boys loved it. Playing in the sand etc. Rounded off the day with hot dogs cooked on the camp stove before getting boys into pj’s for the journey home.
    I hate living in the Middlelands. 🙁

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Takisawa. North Northumberland is the location. The beach photos is about ten mins walk away. Bloody cold in the winter when the wind is from the East though.

Route was from a place called Boulmer to one called Craster.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A proud day’ is closed to new replies.