Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A nice filthy ride
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

First filthy ride of the year around the Surrey Hills. Quite a change from 2-3 weeks ago but strangely enjoyable, Just enough goo and gunk to make corners slightly slippery and fun but not too much. In fact, cornering felt oddly more stable than the recent dry trails. And there is something satisfying about giving the bike a thorough post ride clean.

Winterfold wetter than other areas. First time I found Summer Madness (I think) – bomb hole was a surprise but the hidden one on the left made Deliverance look flat!! Would love to see someone ride that and the jump.

Felt the need to ride off the cheese straw so popped up Radnor Lane to Holbury – much drier up there and BKB almost bone dry!!!

After recent rides where I have seen no one, nice to see and ride with a few folk at different stages.

fd3chris
    Free Member

At Woburn today it was awful and most of the trails were lethally slippy.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Yep, mud bath for me round goyt valley too.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Mendips were like wet glass today too.

ironnigel
    Free Member

Damn! Here’s me thinking of a particular ex-girlfriend. 🙁

Trimix
    Free Member

I went out an enjoyed it till my missus ended up with terminal chain suck. Couldn’t fix it on the trail – well and truly jammed. The chain was almost wrapped round the ring, doubled up under the shifter.

I did suggest that next time it jams don’t try to keep pedalling.

I had to ride back and bring out the rescue van.

Will spend Monday night removing the Crank or chain-ring or front shifter to sort it 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Out on the gnarmac bike for tracks and trails here, and it was drier than a Temperance knees up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A nice filthy ride’ is closed to new replies.