Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • A lovely looking bike
  • lunge

Henrik Orre, the chef at Team Sky, just posted a pic of his new bike and I felt obliged to share. To me, this is bloody lovely.

Ti frame, check. Deep but not too deep wheels, check. Skinwall tyres, check. Simple, class design, check again. Filth.

Bregante

Yep. Not much wrong with that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*dribble*

JEngledow
    Free Member

Certainly is lovely, but I’m not a fan of the look of the dura ace cranks

Houns

Nice apart from gopping tyres

lunge

OK, I’ve now gone into hyper-picky mode.

He’s mounted his tubs in a different orientation from and back so the logo is in a different place compared to the valve.

The head tube is maybe a touch long.

Err, that’s it. I genuinely don’t think there is anything else wrong with that bike. It is, in my eyes at least, about as close to bicycle perfection as I’ve seen.

lunge

I used to like you Houns.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hyper-picky mode.

Rainbow/world champion stripes. Unconvincing.

Top trolling!

Houns

Skinwall tyres have their place, they would look good on that bike if it didn’t have deep section rims.

Skinwalls for silver or light pastel coloured bikes with ideally silver rims (if not available then non deep section black rims) any other combination they look crap

km79
    Free Member

It’s no mountain bike. I’m out.

mike_p
    Free Member

If we’re being really picky… two bottle cages?

And that seatpost is too thick, looks like a scaffold pole.

legend
    Free Member

I assume we’ve all seen the price that goes with these?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Seriously nice, but what’s with the Italian stripes on the front brake cable?

treklee
    Free Member

I’d have gone for carbon cages to match the wheels, personally.

lunge

I assume we’ve all seen the price that goes with these?

Not exactly but I’d guess you’ll not get much change from £10k for one with that build.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Like the Pickenflick, I think it looks odd in a bad way to me, with a black fork combined with raw titanium.

legend
    Free Member

Yeah £5,800 frame and fork (iirc) makes baby Jesus cry/play the lottery

adsh
    Free Member

Not my cup of tea – don’t think it looks elegant

lunge

£6k frame and fork.
    £1500 for a Dura-Ace Di2 Groupset
    £1500 for the wheels
    £600 or so for finishing kit.

So £10k or there abouts. Worth every penny.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like that. I’d stick a carbon post on it.

So £10k or there abouts. Worth every penny.

Blimey, must be good at cheffing!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’d prefer a black post and tyres but yes that is a looker

1-shed
    Free Member

Yup it’s a looker.

wilburt
    Free Member

Looking at the 2017 Cannondales last night, Supersix disc or caliper look very nice.

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like a cheap version of my Tripster 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s a passionate cyclist that bloke, then became a chef. His book is excellent and I’ve used it many times, it sits alongside Nigel Slater in our house.

I like the look of it, and I think he chose the Di2 and cranks because they look good on the bike. Not what I’d choose at all since I think they don’t work particularly well and look “heavy”. I’d stick Rotor 3D on it, SRAM RED manual and change the seat post of a carbon one.

We have a couple of those frames in the Club, both different builds and specs and they are really nicely made and ride very well (I’m told)

Also, he does a lot of riding does Henrik, who doesn’t deserve a decent bike if you do a lot of riding?

fasthaggis

The head tube is maybe a touch long

Like that. I’d stick a carbon post on it.

I’d have gone for a carbon cages to match the wheels

Apart from that 🙂

It’s strange when there’s no rear mech cable,not in bad way,just funny how your eye expects to see one.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Doesn’t really do it for me.
    Also don’t understand why a guy that can probably get his hands on a team issue Pinarello for peanuts would spend £10k on something else.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of skinwall tyres, but they do break up the otherwise monster truck profile of rim and tyre.

But the Ti frame is a thing of beauty.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Also don’t understand why a guy that can probably get his hands on a team issue Pinarello for peanuts would spend £10k on something else.

Cos they look revolting

lunge

He can also got hold of Team Sky kit for not much and his pics generally show him riding in more subtle gear, bar the obligatory Paul Smith Kask helemt.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think I’d seen him in photos riding a team issue Pinarello but I’d imagine this is his at-home bike and he just rides the Team Sky ones when he’s cheffing for them. As far as I understand it, most (not all) team chefs tend to sign on for a certain number of events and the rest of the time they’re working on menus etc or following their own projects otherwise they’d constantly be on the road.

bikebouy
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member

Cos they look revolting

And the F8’s are not the nicest things to ride either.

munrobiker
    Free Member

There’s quite a lot not to like there.

– Skinwalls. It’s not a Pashley.
    – Headtube is about twice as long as it needs to be.
    – Seatpost needs to be black.
    – Could do with carbon cages.

I see what he was trying to do but he’s not really pulled it off.

O rly? 😆

atlaz
    Free Member

bar the obligatory Paul Smith Kask helemt.

I think the Rapha helmets are due to “drop” shortly. That’ll be the replacement for the PS ones I bet

spawnofyorkshire

Hmm very much like that.
    Nice clean lines and proportions.
    Not usually a fan of skinwalls but think they work on this bike.
    Campy would look nicer than DA on a classic looking bike, but i’m guessing that groupset may have found its way out the back of the Sky service course

legend
    Free Member

fifeandy – Member

You think he didn’t get a bro deal on this?

mrblobby
    Free Member

– Headtube is about twice as long as it needs to be.

I don’t think it looks out of proportion. Have some sympathy there for big chaps though, how else would you get the required stack height? Looks better than a big stack of spacers or an aroused stem.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘A lovely looking bike’ is closed to new replies.